24

Aubrey Davis 🥰| 17 years old

"My baby is leaving already"My mom told us as she pinched are cheeks.

"Mom"I groaned as she let go of it.

"Guh hush and put your stuff in the car"Momma demanded me and popped in on the wrist.

I shook my head and walked across to August house. I haven't seem him since before graduation. Mama Sheila opened the door and told me to look in his room.

I found a note that rested on his bed.

Aubrey, I didn't know how to say goodbye, so I wrote you a note. I couldn't stand seeing us break up so I took the easy way,I hope I will sooner or later see you again. Just know that what we have is some forever, no hard feelings right?

~August

Wrong, very hard feelings.

I ripped up the note in anger and threw it away. I stormed out if the house going to my soon to be old room. He left me just like that. It is easy for him, but not for me. It's just like he doesn't care.

"Hey Aubrey,come on"Sidney knocked while walking in.

"I'm ready"I sighed and grabbed my last box of things.

I walked downstairs and went outside and gave Drake my box. I took one last look at the house before sighing. I looked at the house where I sat and confessed my feelings for August at. I walked to the rental truck and hopped in getting joined bye Courtney and Drake. Piper sat in her car seat passed out . As we drove we passed the school. I began to reflect on the things that went down there. My fights, my breakdowns, my best times. I took a deep breath trying to not let the tears fall. New way to start this year out.I sighed deeply and closed my eyes.

I squinted my eyes seeing a little girl playing in the park. She looked awfully familiar, almost like Piper. No, she looked exactly like her.

Maybe I was hallucinating.

....

"Wakey wakey we are in New York"My mom calmly shook us.

We got our stuff and headed to the hotel. We checked in and went to the room. I planted Piper in the bed and changed into some clothes. I laid in the bed and fell asleep.

I began to think back to the note August wrote for me. How dare he tells me no hard feelings I'm so random one-night stand he left in the morning.

There were hard feelings.

And he knew that.