2

Aubrey 🍒|17 years old

"Stop"I giggled as my bestfriend Caleb tickled me.

He always knew that the sides of my stomach were my tickle spots. As much as I tried to enjoy my time with Caleb, it felt like someone was staring at me.

"Caleb, I will slap you"I straight faced him.

"Fine bighead"He fake-rolled his eyes.

Caleb and I have never dated and I can be honest and say that I have a teeny-tiny crush on him.

"I like the blue in your hair. It's not loud like Katy Perry's. Now that shit was a mess, it looked like it came out of party city"He shook his head.

I let out a chuckle.

"Thank you"I smiled. I directed my attention towards the window and squinted my eyes.

I saw August quickly look away and went back to typing on his computer.

After a couple of minute passed by, Caleb left and went to his house. I changed in my sports bra and my jogging pants and grabbed my phone and earbuds.

I went outside and to take my Saturday jog. I promised myself to stay fit for the summer. Everybody wants that summer body.

When I was done I made my way back home. I immediately went to my bathroom to take a shower.

***

"Ok ma'am, your total is nineteen dollars and thirty-four cents"She smiled while bagging the clothes.

"Okay"I nodded and swiped my card. "I was wondering if you have any job offerings?"

I needed a new job after I was fired from Chic-fil-a. I gave Claire a couple of free ice creams and somebody snitched on me.

"No ma'am, we do not, I'm sorry"She frowned.

"It's alright"I shrugged.

I applied to a few more jobs before calling it a day and heading to the food court. I ordered some sesame chicken and chow-mein. I noticed August as he was standing in line with some chick. I slouched down in my seat in order for him not to see me.

My phone began to buzz in my pocket. I picked it up and rolled my eyes at the caller I.D.

"Hey Caleb"I sighed.

"Hey orange"

"Why do you call me orange?"I questioned and rolled my eyes at the silly nickname.

"We'll see your name is close to Auburn which is a football team in Alabama and their colors have orange in it"He explained.

"Really? That was really extra"I giggled and stabbed my fork into my noodles. "And ugly"

"But I'm cute though"

"No nigga, I am. Hey why is it so noisy in your background?"Aubrey questioned and took a bite of her chicken.

"Turn around"

"Caleb if your behind me I swear"I shook my head.

I turned around and saw Caleb with a goofy smile plastered on his face. I couldn't help but laugh.

"How the hell did you find me?"I asked while
looking up at him.

"Because you always tweet where your going"

"Shut up and sit down"I once again rolled my eyes.

He sat down and grabbed the to-go-box of sesame chicken and chow-mein. MY sesame chicken and chow-mein.

"No sir, I don't know who you think you are, but you better give me my plate back or pay me ten dollars and twelve cents"

"Oh hell nah, you gone let them Chinese niggas punk you out like that?"He questioned.

"I know right. I could have just went to Mc.Donald's and got me nine Mc. Chickens"

"Girl I know these bitches trippin"He shook his head while attempting to impersonate a ratchet girl.

I began to laugh.

"Your so dumb"I giggled and let out a breath. I grabbed my to-go-box back from home and began eating my food.

"But I get A's and sometime D's but that's not important"He shook his head.

"That is dumb"

"NuH uh cause I get A's to"He shook his head.

"Just shut up"I shook my head and continued back to my food. He smacked his lips.

"Let's go to the foot locker store"He suggested.

"Shit, I wanna work there"

"Yup and your ass will be giving me free shoes"He nodded along with me.

"Shut up nigga and come on"

***

"We actually are short of staff"The manager sighed while boxing up a pair of shoes.

"I would like to apply"I smiled.

"We are desperate for more staff so, you're hired. Just fill out this form and we'll get to you about your schedule"

I did what's told.

"See you soon"