4⚠️

⚠️Sensitive Content in this chapter. Content include violence, post trauma, blood, and gore. Please read with caution⚠️

After this post, Updates for this story will be posted on Fridays. For now, enjoy this free chapter as you will be waiting a few days before the next update

 For now, enjoy this free chapter as you will be waiting a few days before the next update

Wei Wuxian was sitting at the table within the Jingshi. He immediately recognized the place as this was where Wangji took him the last couple times he was here in Cloud Recesses. Wangji had his zither out and was playing a few songs. Wangxian being one of them. As Wangji placed, Wuxian began to feel a sense of calmness running through his body. He definitely needed a moment to destress.

When Wangji stopped playing, Wuxian took the opportunity to talk about some of his worries that he has over the Empathy session coming up, "Lan Zhan, I have some questions."

"Mnn, I am listening, Wei Ying."

Wuxian huffed out a chuckle, "you know, your bluntness has such charm and endearment. It's like you are trying to make my insides melt."

"I will continue with my bluntness," Wangji stated firmly. Wuxian laughed a bit louder. His laugh stirred up something within Wangji that always made it seem like he was floating through the clouds, "what did you want to ask?" Wangji continued.

"You gave good healers right?" Wuxian asked.

"Yes, why?"

"I can tell you some things that your uncle would end up seeing and it might result in him getting hurt. Empathy allows for the person to not only relive the memories but also it's like they experience the memories themselves. He will know what I went through with the core transfer and what happened to me afterwards. I never told anyone what happened to me afterwards because it's just too painful to even talk about as I already lived through it once. I just know that your uncle has...his moments...and I just want to make sure there are healers present throughout the session," Wuxian explained.

"I will tell Xiongzhang to have two good healers present," Wangji assured him, "...can...you tell me what happened to you?"

"What do you mean?" Wuxian asked.

"You said you experienced something very painful after the core transfer, could you tell me so I know what to look out for?" Wangji asked.

Wuxian sighed and moved to sit beside Wangji, "it will not be easy to hear let alone for me to talk about."

"I will be patient while you explain. Just tell me at your own pace, okay," Wangji told him.

"Wen Ning was the one who told you about the core transfer, correct?" Wuxian asked. Wangji nodded. Wuxian then spoke again, "what did he tell you exactly?"

"After we left Lotus Pier, while you were unconscious in the boat, Wen Ning told me the process and the chances for it to be successful," Wangji answered honestly.

"So you know I was awake the whole time?" Wuxian asked.

"I do," Wangji replied.

"Will your uncle be able to handle that?" Wuxian asked, "he will see it, feel that moment when the core was being removed from my body and the power draining from me. He will know that I was not even in a sterile environment when the surgery was performed. I was laying outside on a dirt path."

Lan Wangji now realized why Wuxian wanted a healer present during the Empathy session. He knows his uncle's health is fragile and even just him exploding in anger he is close to a Qi Deviation. Wangji let out a deep breath, "what happened afterwards?"

"After everything was done and I was closed up, I rested for at least three days to at least appease Wen Qing. After three days I went to the town near the mountain where the procedure took place. I waited outside a tea house where I told Jiang Cheng I'd be waiting for him. He didn't show up though. I went inside the tea house to wait there but I walked into a trap. Wen Chao and his group of soldiers were there."

Lan Wangji gasped knowing very well that hearing he ran into Wen Chao, it was not going to be a good story. Lan Wangji just remained silent and allowed Wuxian to continue with his story.

"I turned to retreat but I was immediately thrown back by Wen Zhuliu. I could tell by the way he hit me and where, that he was aiming for my core. I think he figured out that something was off. Either way, Wen Chao was surprised to see I was not fighting back....which I could not. I was beaten by his men and tortured. He kept trying to get me to tell him where Jiang Cheng was but I never spoke...that was when he took me for a ride on a sword...he flew me over the burial mounds and pushed me in from high above.

What surprised me was that when I landed, I was expecting a big impact but I landed softly, and I could feel the resentful energy immediately. I didn't want to use the energy but being trapped there for three months, I crafted Chenqing and I learned how to use the energy...and made the Yin Hu Fu. The resentful energy was actually holding my body together. I had so many broken bones and if not for resentment I would have died in the mounds...now that Mo Xuanyu found my body and brought me back, my body is healed for the most part but I am still experiencing pain every once in a while."

Lan Wangji was in tears the moment he heard Wuxian say he was thrown into the burial mounds. He now knows that his uncle was going to understand exactly what Wei Wuxian went through and knowing this information, it worried him greatly. He was not sure if his uncle was actually going to handle going through the session. It will probably take the help of not only the healers but Wangji and his brother playing soul calming music through most of the session.

"Wei Ying, I am so sorry you went through all of that and felt that you couldn't tell anyone," Wangji told him, "I wish you could have said something but we cannot really go back and change anything...as for the current pain, we can talk to a healer and see if they can help you in some way."

"They probably won't be able to," Wuxian said, "so it's probably not worth looking into."

"Please Wei Ying, for me?" Wangji asked. Wuxian sighed as he knew that he can't really say no to Wangji. The man makes it very difficult sometimes to deny him anything.