25

Wei Wuxian and Wangji were standing a few blocks away from the Hunan Restaurant that they were to meet Jiang Cheng at. Wei Wuxian didn't know how it was going to be with Jiang Cheng. There were so many words exchanged between them, mostly Jiang Cheng directing his anger out on Wuxian, feeling like a fool for not understanding the truth about Wei Wuxian's core transfer to him sooner.

Jiang Cheng cursed at him, told him how much his parents gave him more than he could ever imagine, even saying that they died for him or because of him, and Yanli died because of him. Yanli's husband died too, though Wuxian had no plans on that happening, Jin Guangyao and Su She had other plans.

Jiang Cheng told Wei Wuxian to disappear when he was back at Lotus Pier at their ancestral shrine. Even going as far as demanding a fight when Wei Wuxian was too weak to even stand. Lan Wangji had to carry him out as he passed out from exhaustion. So many things have happened between Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian that it is hard to know what Jiang Cheng wants now. He requested to meet Wei Wuxian and even to be there for his wedding.

Wangji was standing beside Wuxian waiting for him to decide whether he wanted to head inside or not. Wangji could actually feel Wuxian's uneasiness, "if you are not ready, we can wait," Wangji told him.

"I need to face him, it's just that his temper is unpredictable," Wuxian said, "he stood up for me yesterday but that was yesterday. Things can change within one night."

"You know I have a lot of strong opinions on Jiang Wanyin, but as he was your sworn brother, I tolerate him for you. If he is not as you expected, we do not have to accept whatever he has to say," Wangji explained, "it seemed as if he wanted to make amends with you."

"I know, but I don't know if we can fix this in one sitting," Wuxian said.

"Did you want to wait then?" Wangji asked.

"No, I will see him, I am just nervous," Wuxian replied.

"I'm right here with you," Wangji said and held onto Wuxian's hand.

"Ah, there you are," a woman yelled not to far away from Wangji and Wuxian, "I recognize that pretty face anywhere."

Lan Wangji closed his eyes and let out a sigh as he knew who that was. He was not at all thrilled that she was here but as she was Sect Leaded Jiang Wanyin's current head disciple, he had to tolerate it, "Young Maiden Zhu," Wangji said.

Wei Wuxian felt a fire starting to stir up in the pit of his stomach. He was amazed to hear someone flirt with Wangji with him right beside him, just after they announced their engagement too. Wei Wuxian's eyes turned a crimson red and stood in front of Wangji, "back off!" He scowled.

"Woah, down doggy," Zhu Xia Feng said, "no need to get so worked up. I was just calling him pretty."

"Young Maiden Zhu, you were already told that I have a fiancé and this is him, so please mind your words," Wangji said, "I am guessing you did not come here to anger either of us."

"No, Sect Leader Jiang wanted me to go look to see if you two actually were coming," she said.

"Who are you to Jiang Cheng?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"I am Zhu Xia Feng, Sect Leader Jiang's head disciple," she introduced, "and you must be Wei Wuxian...you really do have the cute edgy look. Very hot!"

"Excuse me?" Wuxian asked.

"A'Zhu!" A familiar voice yelled out, "I told you to scout not act shameless and scare them!"

"Sorry, Sect Leader Jiang," Zhu Xia Feng replied.

"Get back to your regular duties," Jiang Cheng told her.

"Yes sir," she said and walked off, but winked at Wangji and Wuxian before doing so.

Lan Wangji looked at Wuxian and tightened his grip on his hand, "calm down, I will not go anywhere," he assured him.

Wei Wuxian's eyes faded back to silver as he let out a sigh, "sorry," he said and looked at Jiang Cheng, "I have yet to know how you want me to address you now?"

Jiang Cheng nodded, "just as you would normally," he said, "we can talk inside."

Wuxian nodded and followed him. Wangji walked beside him. They then had a private room reserved for them so they can talk amongst themselves more openly, "what did you want to talk about?" Wuxian asked.

"I want to ask you first, how are you doing?" He asked, "Hanguang Jun told me you are cultivating again."

"I am," Wuxian answered, "and I am doing okay, despite the stress of planning a wedding."

"I know it's a lot to ask, but I wanted to try and make amends in some way. We may not be the same as we have always been but I would still like it if you'd come visit every once in a while and hopefully be brothers again someday. It's a lot, I know but after what happened and having some time apart to recollect ourselves was a good thing," Jiang Cheng explained.

Wuxian nodded, "I suppose we can try. I do not know if I will be able to go back to Lotus Pier so easily, especially after you saw how I was during the end of the conference meeting."

"What happened anyway?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"I do not want to upset you," Wuxian said.

"I will be open minded," Jiang Cheng assured him.

Wuxian sighed, "that tassel that Jin Ling tossed to me was one of Shijie's. Since being able to cultivate again, I have gained some new skills that I'm still trying to get used to. Holding that tassel allowed me to see and speak with Shijie's spirit...I can see and speak to spirits basically. Aside from her, I spoke to Lan An of the Lan Sect and even my mother came to see me."

"You can see and speak to spirits?" He questioned, "I understand that it's a lot to handle but why did you freak out after seeing our sister?"

Wuxian looked up at him, "don't you still blame me? She'd still be alive if—"

"That better end with, she would still be alive if not for Jin Guangyao," Jiang Cheng interrupted, "I am sure she doesn't blame you."

"She said she does not...she tried to get me to look at her. I just told her to go away because I was so shocked," Wuxian said.

Jiang Cheng sighed, "I'm sure you will have another chance to speak to her. By then, I'm sure you will be more prepared...but you cannot avoid places all your life because of this ability of yours."

"I know, I just don't know what will happen if I meet specific people," Wuxian said, "for example, your mother."

Jiang Cheng's breath hitched for a moment before gaining his composure again to speak, "maybe it's best to avoid her. Try not to touch Zidian then."

"I do not plan on it," Wuxian said, "by the way, where did you get that head disciple of yours from? She seems not shameless than me."

Jiang Cheng sighed, "she came from a small clan that was just outside of Qishan. I took her in during the sixteen years you disappeared. She only now is able to go out more. She was just assigned as the head disciple maybe half a year ago. She is actually the last of her clan and her family crest was a vermillion bird. I figured she has some sort of significance. She is talented even though she has no filter for a mouth. I'm still working with her on that. I apologize."

"It is fine, I just ask that you give her a lecture about how deep my relationship goes with Lan Zhan," Wuxian told him.

"I will, trust me," Jiang Cheng said.