59

"Lan Zhan, put me down!"

"No," Wangji replied as he stepped into the Jingshi.

"Lan Zhan! We may be married but I am not afraid to hurt you!" Wangji gave him a look of surprise. Wuxian stared back at him for a moment and sighed, "Fine, I won't hurt you, but I have other methods I could use if you do not put me down now!"

"What methods?" Wangji asked with a smirk on his face.

"Lan Zhan, are you ticklish?" Wuxian asked as he wiggled his fingers close to Wangji's neck.

Just like that, Wangji put Wuxian down and stepped back a couple steps, "we can talk about this without do something like that," Wangji said.

"Oh, so you are," Wuxian said, "I will have to use this method of torture from now on as punishment for you. You have plenty of punishments for me but I need something to counter that for you, now I found one."

"I put you down, now let's talk," Wangji said.

"Why did you drag me away like that?" Wuxian asked.

"I think you know why," Wangji said, "not only did you need a moment but I wanted to make sure you were alright."

Wuxian sighed and sat down at the table, "it's not the first time someone used my past as an excuse or example to justify their own behavior or actions," he said.

Wangji said beside him, "Wei Ying?"

"I guess it still bothers me a little bit," Wuxian said, "I want others to learn from my mistakes. I use my mistakes as a tool for learning. Yes, fighting alone has its advantages but who would be there for you if you were hurt or you felt alone. Being alone and feeling alone are two different meanings."

"You are not alone anymore," Wangji said, "and Lan Baihu will learn from that eventually. He has been spoiled growing up because both of his parents are higher up within the sect. His grandfather is one of our most prominent elders and Lan Baihu thinks he's untouchable."

"I want to get into these disciples heads that we don't play favorites in our class. Sizhui and Jingyi still get punishments even though they are our son and nephew," Wuxian said.

"Let me deal with the punishments for that next time, okay," Wangji suggested.

"I didn't mean to lose my temper," Wuxian said, "I did not realize that I could still be triggered like that. Resentful energy always feeds off that and it was something I never got control of...I'm sorry."

"Don't be," he said, "I am glad you said something. I do not blame you for it. He needed to be put in his place. I still love you, you know that."

"I love you too," Wuxian said, "we should get back."

"Mnn," Wangji nodded. He kissed Wuxian first before the two went back to the training grounds.

When they returned, four of the six disciples were trapped in a spirit trapping net and the other two were working on getting them free. Sizhui and Chuanli were the two who did not get trapped. He actually got Jingyi and Biyu down at the same time and Chuanli got Lan Rong down. Baihu was the only one left to retrieve. Wuxian shook his head at how even when shot with an arrow and trapped in a net, Baihu still was very arrogant.

"Is he related to Su She?" Wuxian mumbled.

Xichen chuckled, "no but he acts like him a bit doesn't he."

"He is going to lose his spot in this class," Wangji said, "have him write one hundred times for his attitude. If he gets out of hand, he will be dismissed too."

"Alright," Xichen said.

"Will you idiots get me out of here?" Baihu asked angrily.

"No," Sizhui replied, "not unless you ask nicely and apologize to everyone here for getting them into this trap mess."