14

*this is going to be a shorter Chapter, mostly because it will just explain what Wuxian will be doing. The next few chapters will follow Lan Wangji and it will show how long Wuxian was actually away during the process*

///////////

Lan Qiren, Lan Xichen, and Lan Wangji walked Wuxian to the cultivation chamber within the cold cave. It was actually behind where Lan Yi's Guqin sat on the ice table near the back wall of the cave. Just like entering the cave, there was a charm that allows you to pass through the wall. Wuxian had Wangji's ribbon since the day he gave it to him. He was to use it to allow him access and protection within the cave.

"This is where we leave you," Lan Qiren said, "you said Lan An will be waiting for you inside?"

"That was what he told me," Wuxian said, "I appreciate you letting me do this."

"Of course, you are a part of our family now, never forget that. We help family," Lan Qiren told him. Wei Wuxian was still trying to get used to the complete change of attitude of Lan Qiren towards him. He actually never thought he'd live a day where the old man actually cared for him, and cared for him like Wuxian was his own son. It was a bit change but Wuxian was actually happy that he won the man over.

Wuxian nodded and let out a sigh, "well, I will see you all in several weeks," he said.

"Take care of yourself," Wangji said.

Wuxian giggled, "I think you should say that to yourself as I will be safe inside this cave. How will I know you will be taking care of yourself?" Wuxian asked.

"I will make sure he takes care of himself," Lan Xichen said, "even if I have to tie him down and feed him like a baby I will."

Wuxian laughed, "I would love to see that."

"I will take care of myself," Wangji replied and glared at Xichen, "no need to get threatening."

"Just making sure," Xichen said.

"We will keep an eye on him," Lan Qiren said, "go get better, Son."

Wuxian smiled and nodded. They actually hugged him before they let Wuxian go into the chamber. Once inside, Wuxian could already feel the large amount of spiritual energy just residing inside this one room. So much so that it felt almost heavy, but uplifting at the same time.

"I'm glad to see that you decided to take on my offer," Lan An said as his spirit appeared.

"I am grateful for this opportunity and I want to do this. It will help me get better and maybe even start to learn to forgive myself of my past," Wuxian said.

"There is nothing about your past that needs forgiveness. Everything that happened was already written out by fate. There are ways to counter it but a lot of the time, what is set in stone, is what happens," Lan An said, "those who hurt you, are the ones who need to apologize to you."

"Thank you," Wuxian said.

"Now, come sit here in the center of the room in lotus position," Lan An instructed. Wuxian did as he was asked and sat down. He then let Lan An talk more about what will happen, "this is something that Baoshan and I have long known how to do. We are able to give a deceased person's life force to another person who is deemed worthy. I actually went to tell her of what I was doing and she helped me out. I was going to give you myself as it was my destiny to let the rest of my spiritual essence live on through you.

Baoshan had another option. She found where your parents were and summoned their spirits. They have been sent to rest of course but before that, they gave up the rest of their life forces to her and Baoshan handed them to me. These two forces together will help you build a new core. It is the last gift your parents could give you. They hope that you would take it."

Wuxian was actually on tears a little bit, "I don't want my parents life essence to go to waste. It will actually help me know that they are still near me even though they are no longer in this world. I will accept it," Wuxian said, "what would I need to do?"

"Since you took the tonic, you will now go into a deep meditation and I will slowly start infusing the energy into you. You will feel that power build up slowly but since you will be meditating, you should be able to keep the energy flowing through you calmly and properly," Lan An explained.

Wuxian nodded and closed his eyes. Once he slipped into a deep meditation, Lan An began the process. As Lan An said he would, would could feel that large amount of power slowly start to flow through his body. He didn't actually realize how powerful his parents were but now that he had a combination of their energies, he was now feeling the full effects of it. He smiled internally knowing that he had help from his parents even when they aren't alive anymore.