52

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji sat in the Elegance Room (Yashi) with Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen. Wangji has called the two to meet up after lunch because Wuxian had some things to discuss with them. He talked about it a little bit with Wangji but the two felt that Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren needed to know this information too, "During the lectures today, I began to feel, strange. I at first felt dizzy and disoriented, so while Lan Zhan was teaching I went outside for a while."

"Are you feeling okay now?" Xichen asked.

"I am, but what happened is actually a bit interesting," Wuxian replied, "I somehow went into the spirit world."

"That's possible?" Xichen asked.

"I have heard it could be," Lan Qiren said and looked at Wuxian, "What happened when you were there?"

"I met a Qilin and he was called Iroh. He told me he was a spiritual companion to my grandmother. His human form lives with her," Wuxian said, "he told me that as I can see and speak with spirits, I can go into their world too. The environment here within the sect is very spiritual. It is very connected to the spiritual world as it is to the main world. Since the two are so in-tuned together, I can easily go into the spiritual world. He told me that He will come to us in about a week to take Lan Zhan and I to meet Baoshan."

"That is a lot to take in," Lan Xichen said, "are you sure you are okay?"

"I am, though I guess it worried Lan Zhan a little bit. He said my eyes were glowing red and I couldn't respond to him while I was away. So I am guessing I am most vulnerable when I am visiting the spirits," Wuxian explained.

"It would make sense," Lan Qiren said, "your soul would go to the spiritual world while your body remains here."

"I also think I can go there because I was once there...my memory is hazy but when I got there I began to recognize where I was...it looks like our world but it's...I guess its hard to explain," Wuxian said, "I am guessing I do not remember much because I was not really to remember my time there but maybe I am able to now...I have a lot to know yet...Iroh did tell me something else...the spirits are in danger. Someone is consuming the souls of the spirits. If that happens they cannot rest peacefully and be reborn and continue the cycle. I am guessing he wants Lan Zhan and me to see Baoshan as she can help us know more about this."

"I would assume so, and as for the spirits, we will have to see what we can do but until we know more, we can't really do a whole lot," Lan Qiren said, "as for remembering the spirit world, it is up to you if you want to share that with us or not. Also, if you wish to learn to go in and out of the world, make sure you are in a safe place and you have someone you trust with you at all times. It can help protect your body."

Wuxian nodded, "Alright."

"While we are here, how was Biyu's first few days with you?" Lan Xichen asked.

"She is getting very comfortable with us," Wuxian said, "she is also very smart. Lan Zhan and I have been meaning to talk to you two about her more too. There are a few things that we need to discuss. The first is the interest between her and Lan Sizhui. They have yet to really talk about it but Lan Zhan and I think the two could really use our support and maybe arrange a betrothal if they want it. They are getting to that age."

"We can bring the two in and discuss it," Lan Qiren said, "Being your adopted son, he is the next heir as it has been approved by the other elders."

"I heard he is doing will with his time with you, Xichen-Ge," Wuxian said.

"He is, he is a good leader and I think he'd make for a good sect leader in the future. He has potential," Xichen said.

"We will talk to him about this later tonight with Biyu about meeting with you both," Wangji said.

"Alright, was there something else you wanted to share?" Lan Qiren asked.

"Apparently a long time ago, Biyu was just a young girl at the time, but her father and her went to the old Qishan Palace of Wen Ruohan's and she wandered off into a room. She found out it was Wen Qing's old room. She gathered a lot of her old medical scriptures and tools and has been keeping them all this time. She has been secretly learning from Wen Qing's scriptures on becoming a healer. I think she should work with Lingyun at the infirmary for a while to see if it's something she wishes to pursue. Plus, she has a lot of Wen Qing's old theories and scriptures on spiritual energy and the golden core that many have never seen before. Biyu wanted to let Wen Qing's medical practice continue," Wuxian explained.

"That is very kind of her to do," Xichen said, "She can work with Healer Lingyun if she'd like. Have you...interacted with Wen Qing's items? Or spoken to Wen Ning about it?"

"Not yet," Wuxian said, "I will be speaking to Wen Ning about it next and I know he has medical knowledge as well. I know you are still trying to get used to what he is but I think he'd do well in the infirmary too, if you would allow him. I will continue to keep him under control as I have always been but he hasn't been having any issues since the incident at the training grounds."

"He can work at the infirmary if he so chooses," Lan Qiren said.

"As for interacting with Wen Qing's things, I have not," Wuxian said, "I am still nervous about seeing spirits from the past. I know I should try again with my Shijie but I don't know if I can. Wen Qing is another person I am nervous to see again."

"You will find it in yourself to see them again," Lan Qiren said, "you do not have to do anything you do not want to. I do know that you will move forward from this in time. You just need to find that strength in you to do so. We are here to help you move forward."

"Thank you," Wuxian said and looked at Wangji, "I am grateful you all gave me a chance to start over."

"Everyone deserves a chance," Lan Xichen said, "And we should have given it to you a long time ago."

"I have it now, so that is all that matters to me now," Wuxian said, "Though the past still haunts me, I am slowing moving forward."

Wangji held Wuxian's hand under the table they sat at. They conversed with Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen for a little while longer before the two left for the Jingshi. They had to set up plans to speak with Sizhui and Biyu.