51

Wei Wuxian was setting up for his class activities for the next week while Wangji was giving a lecture. It was divided between the two. Activities would be done by Wuxian, while lectures were done by Wangji. Wangji had a better understanding of giving lectures and teaching in a classroom setting as it was something he grew up on and had a lot of help from his uncle in. Wei Wuxian was more of an active person, so he would set up the activities and night hunts. He had plans to do more hand to hand combat training because the disciples seemed to not only enjoy it, but Wuxian felt it was a good skill to keep learning and practicing.

The only time Wuxian would give lectures is if it is on charms or talismans or something that he would be better at teaching or explaining than Wangji. Everything was divided equally and Wangji and Wuxian worked well together to get it done. Many of the other disciples have been hearing about the class and wished they could learn from them. So there are days where Wangji would be free and he'd spend some time in the Orchid room during his Uncle's lectures and help him teach. Wuxian would still help out at the archery range during his free time. The Lan Sect began to thrive again after the mess of Jin Guangyao happened.

While Wuxian was working, he began to feel funny. He stopped what he was doing and slipped to the backyard of Feng Shui. There is still a nice place to hang out as there was a small lotus pond and pavilion made. Lan Wangji's bunnies got moved over here as there was a nice space for them. Wangji had a little hut built for them so when winter came, they had a warm shelter to stay in. It was also where the babies would stay most of the time. So Wuxian just sat outside and tried to figure out what was happening. He felt dizzy and slightly disoriented. It was like his mind was confused on what to focus on.

Just as he thought he was doing okay, the world around him spun faster and the colored melded together to create a blur. Soon his vision changed and he was looking at something completely new. He was in a new world. It was hazy and tinted blue but still had some color to it. Where was he?

"Welcome Young master, we have been waiting for you," a young male voice said to him.

"Who is talking to me? Where am I?" Wuxian asked.

"You are in the spirit world. The sect you live in is very attuned with spiritual energy and our world. You can see and speak to spirits which makes you a bridge from us to them. We are here to help you as you are here to help us. Spirits are dying out, their souls are becoming lost. If a soul is lost, they cannot be reborn again. They cannot move on to their next life," the male voice said.

Wuxian looked around him and finally laid eyes on who was speaking. Before him was a beast he had long heard of but he knew was benevolent and kind. The beast was a protector but they will be your worst enemy if they were mistreated. It was a Qilin, a dragon hybrid or a lion and horse, and many other creatures. The body of a horse but was as buff as a lion, and his head was a lion and had antlers like a stag (Deer).

"A Qilin, you called me for my help but how can I?" Wuxian asked

"I will be your guide, as well as many other spirits," the Qilin said.

"Do I call you Qilin or do you have a name?" Wuxian asked, "Do you appear only in this world or do you come over to the real world?"

"You can call me, Iroh," he said, "I am a being in the human realm, and I will make myself known soon. I currently reside with your grandmother Baoshan. I am reaching out to you because it is time for you and your husband to come find us. My human will arrive at Cloud Recesses in a week's time. By then you and your husband are to be ready to travel with me. More will be said to you then."

"Wait, how did I get here?" Wuxian asked.

"You can come to this world at anytime as long as the world around you and the spiritual world is very in-tuned together. You will know as you can feel it. You will know much more. I will see you again soon, Young Master," Iroh said.

Wei Wuxian gasped and he was back in the real world. Wangji was kneeling down in front of him with a worried look on his face, "what happened?" Wangji asked, "I tried to call you but you didn't respond, and your eyes, they were glowing red."

"I...don't know how exactly, but I was in the spirit world. I was called there," Wuxian replied, "I can go anytime as long as the spiritual world and the real world are in-tuned to each other. The Lan sect is very spiritual so I can go in easily. I was speaking with a Qilin...his human form will be here in about a week to escort me and you to my grandmother...it's a lot to take in."

Wangji nodded, "I am just glad you're okay. We will talk with Shufu and Xiongzhang about this later. Lectures just ended and it's lunch hours."

Wuxian nodded, "you believe me?"

Wangji smiled, "you are not one to make this kind of thing up. You have also been able to see spirits, so it makes sense for you to visit them. I trust you'd never lie to me."

"Not ever. No lies, no secrets," Wuxian told him, "we did things like that in the past and look how things ended up."

"Always remember to tell me, no matter what it is," Wangji said.

"Always, I promise," Wuxian said.

"Good...can you stand? Are you hungry?" Wangji asked.

Wangji helped Wuxian stand, "I am starving," he answered.

"Let's go have lunch and then afterwards we can talk to Shufu and Xiongzhang," Wangji said. Wuxian nodded and left with him.

/////////////

If you have noticed, I took some inspiration from Avatar: The Last Airbender. The spirit world and the name Iroh.

Iroh in Japanese and Chinese means Fire, Wise, and Teacher.