22⚠️

⚠️This chapter contains some sensitive content, such as strong language and homophobia.⚠️
.
.
.
__________

Wuxian stood in front of the mirror in the Jingshi and looked himself over. He was in tears again. He was in his new robes. His under robes were white but his outer robes were dark blue and made of fine silk. He had a white silk waist band with a dark blue sash and silver brooch. He had his Jade token hanging off his waist along side Chenqing. His sword was strapped to his back. He had us red ribbon fastened on his right arm while Wangji's forehead ribbon was on his left. The ribbon in his hair now was a blue ribbon with white GusuLan cloud motif patterns on it to match his robes.

Lan Wangji has been waiting outside for Wuxian to give him some space. After what seemed like a good ten to fifteen minutes, Wei Wuxian exited the Jingshi. Lan Wangji couldn't take his eyes off his fiancé. Wangji walked over to him and checked him out, walking around him taking in his entire look.

"I take it you like how I look?" Wuxian asked.

"I love how you look," Wangji said and held out his arm for Wuxian to take.

Wuxian took it and smiled, "if at all possible, don't leave my side throughout the meeting. I would feel more comfortable if you stayed close. With all the sects I am a bit uneasy."

"I will not leave your side. Stick close to me, Shufu, and Xiongzhang. We will be close to the front as we are not only the hosts but Xiongzhang is the chief cultivator," Wangji told him.

"Alright," Wuxian said, "um, did Jiang Cheng ever tell you what he wanted to speak to me about?"

"No, just that he wished to see you," Wangji said, "and be invited to our wedding."

"After Guanyin Temple, maybe even when we were resting at Lotus Pier for that short time before the temple incident, I thought maybe it was done between us. He has long said he wants nothing to do with me...he's told me numerous occasions that he wanted to kill me tens times over. Make me kneel before his dead parents and repent," Wuxian explained.

"You do not have to keep being in that toxic relationship you know," Wangji said, "after you speak to him, you can decide on if you wish to see him again."

"That depends on him, as he wanted to meet with me," Wuxian said, "depending on how the conversation will go, will be the deciding factor on if I remain in any form of contact with him. I used to think I knew Jiang Cheng but after his parents died, he got worse with his attitude and he became so much more like his mother. Aside from me not having a core, it was difficult to be around him, to be back at Lotus Pier when all I could see was shadows of the dead, and I just couldn't handle it. I drank so much that I'm surprised that didn't kill me."

"You no longer have to suffer, Wei Ying," Wangji assured him, "not only do you have a core again but you are to have a new life here with me."

"That is what I am looking forward to," Wuxian said, "a fresh start with my future husband."

Wangji smiled and continued on to leading him to the main hall for the conference meeting. Wuxian already noticed the smaller clans, like the Yao clan and their leader Sect leader Yao, who was not only a hypocrite but a coward to say the least. There was also Sect Leader Ouyang and his son Zizhen. The boy was tolerable to be around...actually the boy was a very nice kid. Wuxian wondered how his father was such a jerk.

Wuxian smiled upon seeing Jingyi, who was not being punished at the moment, and Sizhui had returned from his trip with Wen Ning. Wen Ning found a small hut nearby to settle in and if Wuxian needed him, he was close by. Sizhui and Jingyi smiled upon seeing Wuxian again. Along with the two, Zizhen and Jin Ling made there way over to Wuxian who moved to the front with Wangji.