26

The meeting with Jiang Cheng wasn't all that bad. Wuxian was surprised actually. It's not everyday that you see Jiang Cheng without a scowl or even him cussing or yelling. What actually upset Wuxian most was that woman Jiang Cheng has for a head disciple. Wei Wuxian was shameless, but nothing like her. On the way back to Cloud Recesses, Wangji explained to him his first encounter with her.

"She really said that to you?!" Wuxian asked, "have a fun time with her and not say anything to me about it?"

"She said you did not need to know," Wangji said, "Xiongzhang stepped in and told her to back off. I am uncomfortable with her."

"I understand," Wuxian said as he tried to calm himself, "if all she is, is talk, then she means no harm. If she acts out, she will be making a big mistake on her end. She could lose a limb or even her life."

Wangji grinned, "if you are worried, I want only you," he assured him.

"I am not worried or doubting you," Wuxian said, "it's others I don't trust."

"I know," Wangji said, "and no one said you had to trust them. If you wish to only trust me, then I am honored."

Wuxian smiled, "I will always trust you most. I am coming around with your Shufu and brother."

"It's good to hear," Wangji said.

Wei Wuxian was a bit more calm when he reached the gate of Cloud Recesses. Once he stepped inside, he felt as if he was in the safest place in the world. He has now come to terms that it was his home. He still had that small bit of fear in the back of his mind about losing this place, but his reassurances from Wangji and his family have been enough for him to finally starting to understand.

Wangji even noticed how quickly Wuxian relaxed once they were inside. He realized that Wuxian has accepted this place as his home. Wangji smiled, knowing that Wuxian was starting to feel comfortable with him, "Wei Ying, are you feeling better?" He asked just to confirm.

Wuxian glanced at him, "I am," he said, "that woman got me worked up but I am doing fine now."

"I am glad you are better," Wangji said, "as much as she annoyed me, just trying to ignore her."

"I will," Wuxian said, "now that we have returned, did you want to let your brother and Shufu know that Jiang Cheng meant no harm?"

"Probably is best," Wangji said, "though Xiongzhang is aware of her, maybe Shufu should know of that head disciple."

"Good idea," Wuxian said.

The two made their way over to the Yashi where Xichen and Lan Qiren were at, "Shufu, Xiongzhang," Wangji greeted.

"Shufu, Xichen-Ge," Wuxian said as well.

"Good to see you back in one piece," Xichen said and smiled, "though I didn't think Sect Leader Jiang would do anything to you."

"He didn't," Wuxian said, "he wants to try and fix our relationship. He is my martial brother...he wanted me to visit sometime but I did voice my concerns about it now that I had this new ability with seeing spirits. There are spirits I know I will have to face one day but Madam Yu is not one I am ready for."

Lan Qiren huffed, "I do not blame you," he said, "she is a nasty piece of work."

Wuxian smiled, "unfortunately Jiang Cheng gained her personality and all," he said, "but at least Jiang Cheng is trying. It's something I don't see Madam Yu ever doing."

"If he tries to pull anything, let one of us know immediately," Lan Qiren stated.

"We did actually want to warn you about his current head disciple," Wangji said, "we ran into her on the way to meeting Jiang Wanyin. Xiongzhang met her once too."

"What did she do this time?" Xichen asked.

"She had the nerve to try to flirt with Lan Zhan in front of me," Wuxian said folding his arms across his chest, "I thought I was going to lose it."

Lan Qiren was quite taken back by this information, "did she do anything else?" He asked concerned.

Lan Xichen explained the who first encounter with the shameless head disciple, "I have to say, I know A'Xian has a shameless side but nothing can compare to her."

"As far as I am aware, A'Ying has long since matured and he knows how to use his wits accordingly," Lan Qiren said.

Wuxian's smile grew, "I do have my moments but since being here I have been behaving. If I have been anywhere out of line, Lan Zhan has stepped in to correct me."

"He is fine," Wangji said, "the disciple's name is Zhu Xia Feng. According to Jiang Wanyin, she was born in a small clan just outside Qishan. He took her in during the years Wei Ying was...gone."

"Zhu? She is from the Vermillion clan?" Lan Qiren questioned, "and yet she dares be so shameless? I know that they have long since passed but I knew them to be very...disciplined."

"Hmph, not this girl," Wuxian said, "I am guessing as she grew up in Lotus Pier, she was free from that discipline. Apparently Jiang Cheng has been trying to get her tone it down."

"If she were my disciple I would have her writing for days on end," Lan Qiren stated.

Wuxian grinned, "I do not miss those days where I was writing. I admit I was a troublemaker back then but that was a lot of writing for me. Then again, it was justified compared to all the kneeling I had to do growing up."

"You learned to rules from doing that," Wangji said, "you say you don't remember them but you lie."

"He knows them," Lan Qiren said with a grin, "he wouldn't have antagonized Wen Chao back then if he didn't."

"Hey, he was being unreasonable," Wuxian said, "even if I didn't anger him, he'd come after Lotus Pier eventually. I think me angering him just caused them to come sooner."

"You still blame yourself for that don't you?" Lan Qiren asked.

"A little," Wuxian said, "I have been blamed for it for years, so I just felt it was true."

"You may have provoked Wen Chao, but you are not at fault for what happened to Lotus Pier," Lan Qiren said, "the Wen Sect was ambitious as it was and they were to come to your old sect eventually."

"I know that," Wuxian said.

"Getting back to the main subject, Zhu Xia Feng hasn't done anything else has she?" Xichen asked.

"No, just trying to provoke people," Wuxian said, "seeing me angry she called me a dog..brat."

"Wei Ying, you are not a dog," Wangji assured him.

"Thank you," Wuxian said.

"Just try to ignore her for now," Xichen said, "as the wedding is a month away, we can ask Sect Leader Jiang to keep her back at the sect if he wishes to come."

"It might be best to keep her away from either of us," Wangji said.

"Alright," Xichen said.