38

Wen Yuan.
A'Yuan.
Lan Yuan.
Lan Sizhui.

All the names pertaining to one person that has been a pivotal figure in Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji's life. Wen Yuan was the only little boy you'd see along with his Dafan Wen family members long ago within the Burial Mounds. Since that time, Wei Wuxian took the little boy as his son. He saw this boy and wanted nothing more than to give him such a happy life. He was thrown into a world or war and chaos all for the sake of one thing...his name.

Now as Lan Sizhui, he is the last remaining blood descendant of the Dafan and Qishan Wen dynasty. To Lan Wangji, Sizhui was the one thing that kept him from ending his own life when he lost Wuxian all those years ago. Because of Sizhui, Lan Wangji had one final reason to keep going. This little boy was the closest he had that was connected to Wei Wuxian.

Lan Sizhui possesses a fair and refined appearance, with a dignified manner. He wears a faint smile on his face. He always felt safe in the presence of his adopted parents. Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji love the boy as their son and cherish him to this day. To Wei Wuxian, he was also a memory of their time in the Burial Mounds and remembering Wen Qing, who had so selfishly given up her life in attempting to save his.

Right now, Lan Sizhui was sitting with his parents within the Jingshi having a nice dinner together. It is becoming seldom that they spend time together but that is only because Sizhui is getting older and has been claimed as heir to the Lan Sect due to being named Lan Wangji's son. He will one day take the role as Sect Leader and has been spending time with Lan Xichen as his apprentice to learn his upcoming role. There was also the fact that Sizhui was getting busy with his classes as well. Now that he was now a disciple of Wangji and Wuxian's, they were to have time together again.

"How has your studies been?" Was Wuxian's first question after dinner ended.

"They have been going well," Sizhui replied, "even better as one of my classes now has my parents as instructors."

Wuxian chuckled, "even if we weren't, if you ever wanted time to learn from us, all you have to do is ask," Wuxian said, "Have you seen Uncle Ning recently?"

"Just this morning," Sizhui answered, "He is settled in just fine. And I am happy about the classes I am in. The trials you are doing are interesting so far though."

"Is there anything specific you liked about them?" Wuxian asked.

"It just gets us to think more creatively," Sizhui explained, "The exercise about the charms looked fun. So I did some research on my own time. I figured I could show it to you later."

"Do you have it with you? What did you have in mind?" Wuxian asked curiously.

"I did," Sizhui said and took his blueprints out of a qiankun pouch he had on him.

"Sensory deprivation charm?" Wuxian questioned.

"It's a charm you can place on anything really, such as a weapon, clothes, or an accessory, but the idea is for the charm to confuse the senses of the opponent. Say you see a beast on a night hunt and see that it eats something specific, you can put the charm on a piece of food and let it consume it. The beast would then have trouble with its senses, like touch, sight, hearing, smell, and taste. Any form of sense and it can cause the opponent to be delirious and not know who, what, or how to attack," Sizhui explained, "its something that I put a lot of thought into. If it could actually be made, and be useful. The downside, if it got into the wrong hands it could be used to hurt a lot of people...but I also thought it could be used as a small prank."

Wuxian giggled and looked at Wangji, "What did you teach this kid?" He teased, "pranks?"

"Wei Ying is responsible for that one," Wangji countered, "you should help him make it. It sounds useful."

Wuxian smiled, "If we help Biyu, I do not see why we cannot help Sizhui."

"You would actually like to help me create this?" Sizhui asked.

"A'Yuan, I would love to help you," Wuxian said, "if this is something you have an interest in, creating charms or talismans, I would love to teach you."

Sizhui reached over and hugged Wuxian, "Thank you, Baba!"

Wuxian laughed and patted his back, "No need to thank me, son, it's what family is for."

Sizhui sat up and nodded, "I am still thankful."

Wuxian nodded, "Speaking of Biyu," Wuxian decided to bring it up now, "I noticed you taking glances at her."

Sizhui blushed and looked at the tea cup in front of him on the table, "she seems nice. I have only spoken to her a couple times."

"Do you wish to pursue her?" Wuxian asked.

"It would be nice..." Sizhui began.

"You are worried about what her father would say?" Wuxian questioned.

"I may have been formally announced as an heir but I will also always be known as a Wen. Many here ignore that now but there are the occasional elders who give me horrible looks. Biyu's father is one of them. I want to respect him and I do, and I want Biyu to be happy, but I do not think it will be with me," Sizhui explained.

Wuxian moved to sit beside him, "How would you think she wouldn't want you?"

"Have you seen her?" Sizhui asked.

"Have you seen your father?" Wuxian pointed to Wangji, "I question how I got someone so smart and handsome all the time but it never stops me from loving him freely. His uncle despised me when I was your age, but now he is actually able to tolerate me. He got to know me. Biyu's father just needs to do the same. We will not take action yet but if you need our help, we will help you. As Biyu is a disciple along side you, why not get to know her during those class sessions. Try to speak with her outside of classes. You might be surprised."

"Biyu would be lucky to have our Sizhui," Wangji said, "and Have you seen Wei Ying? He is beautiful."

Sizhui laughed, "you both are good looking," Sizhui said, "and I will take your advice. I can come to you again about her?"

"You can...but there is one other thing we need to address...as you know that a man and a woman...you know," Wuxian began.

Sizhui covered his ears, "I know," he said, "I was young once, and I know how babies are made. I do not need that talk. I will be responsible. I will wait until marriage as I am suppose to."

Wuxian smiled, "Good boy."