24

The meeting ended after another hour or so. Most of the other sects have left already. Once it was clear enough, Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen when to go find Wangji and Wuxian.

"Zewu Jun?" Sect leader Jiang called out.

"Sect leader Jiang," Xichen greeted.

"I will be in town of a couple more days. After what happened I want to give Wei Wuxian a bit to calm down before I see him. Can you see if he will meet me at the Hunan Restaurant tomorrow evening? Hanguang Jun and be with him," Jiang Cheng questioned.

"I will run it by him," Lan Xichen said, "I will send a disciple to inform you his decision."

"I am at the inn across from the restaurant," Jiang Cheng said, "I will be leaving now."

Lan Xichen nodded and watched him leave. Lan Qiren sighed, "I have yet to know if I can trust his intentions."

"I know, but with Wangji with him, he won't let anything happen to Wuxian," Xichen said, "all we can do is hope that he wants to make amends with Wuxian."

Lan Qiren nodded and then the two made their way outside to the main courtyard. The two spotting Wangji and Wuxian at a table under the pavilion. Wuxian was leaning against Wangji for comfort. Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren carefully approached them.

"Wangji, A'Xian?" Xichen asked calmly.

Wangji looked at him, "Xiongzhang."

"Hi, Xichen-Ge, Shufu," Wuxian replied.

"How are you feeling?" Xichen asked as he and Lan Qiren sat down.

"I am doing a bit better," Wuxian said, "I apologize for the outburst."

"Can you tell us what happened?" Lan Qiren asked.

"That green tassel, my Shijie gave that to me a long time ago. I lost it but Jin Ling tossed it to my lap during the meeting and she appeared...I was not ready to face her again," Wuxian explained.

"The down side of being able to see and speak to spirits," Lan Xichen said, "I'm sure she meant well though."

Wuxian nodded, "she tried to get me to look at her, told me she doesn't blame me and that she'd take a sword for me again if she could."

"Though it was not smart of her to run into a battlefield unarmed, she was brave enough to sacrifice herself for you," Lan Qiren said, "was there a reason she didn't cultivate?"

"She had a hard time keeping up with it and she didn't want to live up to her mother's expectations. She was very...strict with her training at one point and Shijie just said she didn't want to cultivate anymore because she couldn't handle her," Wuxian explained.

"Can anyone handle that woman?" Lan Qiren asked.

"Probably not, Uncle Jiang couldn't," Wei Wuxian said.

"Well, we just wanted to check on you," Xichen said, "did your shijie say something to upset you?"

"No," Wuxian replied, "she told me she doesn't blame me. I want to believe her but I have been told so many times that it was my fault for her death and the death of her parents. I was blamed for what happened to Lotus Pier and I still believe it. No matter how many times people tell me not to believe it, I still do. I can't let it go and it hurts. I want to move on but I can't."

"You went through something that no one else could have been able to," Lan Qiren said, "many people out there do not have the slightest bit of courage and determination as you do. You did everything alone and without a golden core, which is more impressive. You tried your best to protect those people, not even caring about your health. You'd make sure you everyone in the burial mounds had food even if you went hungry for days on end.

The pain and suffering you endured is too much for a person and the fact that you lasted as long as you did, is also very impressive. That is something worth remembering. The trauma will probably remain with you for a long time but that trauma can be overcome. There are ways to counter it by keeping yourself busy with things you enjoy and keeping your morals as they are. You also need supportive people around you who are willing to help you through it. As we are your family now, we will help you."

"I appreciate it," Wuxian said.

"Shufu, Wei Ying asked if we could avoid inviting certain people to the wedding?" Wangji asked.

"If you mean those smaller clans that don't care about anyone but themselves, then I will allow it. If it is just this sect, then so be it. I know there are some outside people who would like to attend so we will invite them but we can keep it within the sect," Lan Qiren agreed.

"Thank you," Wuxian said.

"Sect Leader Jiang wanted me to relay to you that he will be in town for a couple more days. He asked if you and Wangji would meet him tomorrow evening at the Hunan Restaurant?" Xichen asked.

Wuxian looked at Wangji, "it is up to you, Wei Ying, I will be with you on whatever you decide," Wangji told him.

"I can't avoid him forever and eventually he will come storming over to find me, the last thing I want is one of his temper tantrums," Wuxian said, "I will meet him tomorrow."

"Alright, I will have a disciple relay that to him," Xichen said and stood up with Lan Qiren, "if you need anything else don't hesitate to ask."

"I will, thank you," Wuxian said.

"Get some rest," Lan Qiren said, "you look like you need it."

Wuxian chuckled, "do I?" He asked and looked at Wangji.

"You do look a bit tired," Wangji said.

"I am not used to getting up at your early Lan hours," Wuxian pointed out.

Wangji smirked, "then how about we go have lunch first and then we can go back to the Jingshi and you can nap."

"Sounds good to me," Wuxian replied.