50

Lan Biyu felt a bit uncomfortable about staying with Wangji and Wuxian at first. She was nervous about potentially hearing the two having their own moment at night but she didn't. Even if they were doing anything, she couldn't tell. She suddenly felt that maybe the two did something to make her more comfortable. She had always lived in a household where she was the only female. Though she was the only female in her group of six disciple peers, she proves her worth each and every day.

She also came to realize that she was in Sizhui's old room. She smiled at the thought of Sizhui living with Wangji when he was growing up. She felt a bit bittersweet as she knows that Wangji was grieving at the time but Sizhui was Wangji's one saving grace. He was Wangji's light at the end of the tunnel. To Biyu, Sizhui was a great cultivator. She has noticed recently that he has tanked more interest in her so she thought she should give him a chance. She didn't care about his family background and him being a Wen. She had this belief that there were Wen's who were good and did not want to be under Wen Ruohan's tyranny. Sizhui and his old family were some of them.

She has seen Wen Ning and who he is now. Even as the scary and dangerous and almighty ghost general, he was so nice. She could only imagine what he was like before he became this way. She also had great admiration for Wen Ning's sister Wen Qing. She heard great stories about her and she thought her medical practices were wasted due to her untimely death. Though Biyu liked training as a disciple, she would love to learn medicine and live up to Wen Qing's legacy. She wanted to ask either Wen Ning or Wuxian but she was also afraid to open old wounds. She knows how much Wen Ning and Wuxian miss Wen Qing greatly.

There was a time when she went to Qishan with her father to look through Wen Ruohan's old palace. It had long since been past the war and she was only a young girl at the time but she had an open mind and a good heart. Something that her father felt needed to break. She was scoping the palace on her own with her father knowing of course, but she lingered off to the medical facilities and found Wen Qing's old medical room and even her old chambers. She had left everything she had behind and so, Biyu felt that she could take some things as souvenirs and maybe they can be of use one day. She found one of Wen Qing's old needle sets, and she had a couple of her medical books and even theories and thesis's. She even found the thesis on the golden core transfer and kept it to herself.

She kept a lot of things and she wanted to show Wen Ning and Wuxian, maybe even Sizhui, so they know she has always kept her spirit alive. She used Wen Qing's old books and writings and notes and started to self teach herself in her medical practice. She had three Qiankun bags full of Wen Qing's old things and she desperately wanted to talk to someone about them but she was afraid. It was morning and she had just finished breakfast with Wangji and Wuxian. The three were dressed and ready for the day, and now she felt she had an opportunity to talk about it.

"Can...I talk to you two about something?" Biyu asked.

"Sure," Wuxian replied.

"I understand if this is too personal and you don't have to keep up the conversation if it is too much but there is a secret that I have kept for a long time. I wanted to talk to someone about it but I am afraid it might bring up old memories or past wounds," She explained.

"It's alright, you can speak your mind," Wuxian said to her.

Biyu let out a sigh and took out the three Qiankun pouches and began to explain, "When I was younger, My father and a few of his elder friends went to the old Scorching Sun Palace where Wen Ruohan resided. It was long after the war and there was actually a lot of things still left behind that the Jin Sect didn't get a hold of. Since then, I wandered off on my own and found an old medical room with a sleeping chambers attached to it...I found out that it was Wen Qing's old room and I collected all of her medical texts and even an old needle set she used to use. Since then, I have been studying her books and self-taught myself some things that she used to do. I felt her medical skills were amazing and I wanted to make sure they were still alive somehow. I never told anyone because I thought it would all just get taken away. These three bags were the things that I have gathered of hers."

Wei Wuxian stared at her in awe. He smiled and looked down at the three bags, "I am glad you kept them. I would touch them but I can see spirits. If I touch one of her items, she may appear."

"I also didn't want to bring it up because I knew how close you were to her," Biyu explained.

"Wen Qing was like a sister to me. Wen Ning actually knows a lot of her medical practices if you ever want to talk to him about that. He would more than likely be glad to help you out more with being a healer. If it is alright, can I have something for when I feel ready to face her again?" Wuxian asked.

"There is only one back that has her medical scriptures and books and the others were just items she had. I even found the thesis she wrote on...a..." Biyu hesitated.

"The golden core transfer?" Wuxian asked finishing her sentence.

Biyu nodded, "She has other books on the golden core, a cultivator's Qi and life force. There are things she wrote that many healers have never even thought about in terms of cultivation. She knew how to map out a person's spiritual paths within seconds and knew how to tell what was going on with a person's energy immediately. She has things here that look like that could have been studied for decades but they are also very well preserved."

Wuxian smiled, "I am happy that you are wanting to keep her practice alive. I will support you with it...but what brought this up suddenly?"

"ugh, just reasons," Biyu said.

Wuxian's smile grew, "Does it have anything to do with our son?"

"What? No? What?" She asked.

Wangji smiled into his cup of tea as he was happy to see her stumble over her words and lying through her teeth, "It is forbidden to lie," Wangji said.

"Hanguang Jun," Biyu said blushing and stood up only holding the qiankun bag with the medical books, "You two can have those to bags, I have to get to class. See you two later," she then quickly scurried out of the Jingshi.

Wuxian laughed at how cute she was, "That was cute. I can see why Sizhui likes her...and it's actually good to know she is okay with A'Yuan's background."

"Mnn," Wangji said, "Did you want me to take care of these bags for now?"

"Sure," Wuxian said, "I am not ready to see her yet...but I know Wen Ning would love to see her again. When I see her, I want him with me...you can too if you want."

"I trust you," Wangji said as he put the bags in a drawer in Wuxian's desk, "It was kind of her to get these things...are you going to be okay?"

Wuxian nodded, "Yes."