Chapter Seventeen

I pulled away, shocked.

"You want to stay with me?" I questioned. "I thought you hated me." She sighed heavily and shook her head.

"I was just angry when I said that I hated you. It was just after everything you did and.." She stopped, unable to finish her sentence. "I don't hate you." She muttered. I sighed. I honestly can't think straight. "Please Jason." She begged. Wow, so she was desperate to get away from me and now she's desperate to stay with me? Girls are confusing as fuck. 

"I don't know Ariana." I stated, sighing heavily.

"Jason please." She pleaded, her voice cracking. "I don't want to go back to my parents." I sighed and looked at her, watching a single tear fall down her perfect face. 

"Fine." I mumbled. She flung her arms around my neck, as I wrapped mine around her waist. 

"I love you." She whispered in my ear. She loves me? As much as I wanted to say it back, I just couldn't. She pulled away, that sad look remaining in her eyes. She gulped slightly and fixed her gaze onto the ground. I was too shocked to say it back, I just couldn't get the words out. 

—-

Ariana

A black van pulled up in front of us. Garrett got out of the front seat, immediately greeting Jason before me.

"You pricks are in for it." Jason growled before opening the door and getting in the second row of seats. He slammed the door behind him, making me flinch. I ended up having to get in the back of the van, since there were no more seats in the front. More doors were slammed shut and the van started to speed down the road. As we were driving, a thought occured to me. Do I really want to move back in with Jason? I mean, what if he starts to beat me again? And maybe even worse? 

"Are you okay?" Someone's voice asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. I saw Jason leaning over the back of the seat, playing with my hair gently. I nodded my head and once again fixed my gaze onto the floor. I heard a heavy sigh, before someone joined me on the floor of the van. Jason's arm immedaitely found it's way to my waist, pulling me closer to him. I rested my head on his shoulder, as he played with my hair soothingly. Slowly, my eyes started to shut on me and before long, I was clean out in a deep, deep sleep.

—-

"Ari, wake up baby." Someone's voice awoke me. My shoulders were being shook gently. "We're here." The same voice said. I opened my eyes to find myself gazing into a pair of mocha-brown orbs that belonged to Jason. "We're here baby." He repeated.

"Where?" I asked, sitting up and streching, letting out a quiet groan. 

"Los Angeles." He replied. I smiled slightly and looked out the window by my face, only to be greeted by the blinding California sun. Jason's lips curved into a small smile before I was swooped off the chair and into Jason's arms. He carried me off the jet and into the car that had been rented for us. Jason placed my body on the back seats, so that I was lying across all three. Jason jogged round to the other side and opened up the door. He lifted my head gently, and placed it back into his lap. Once again, he began to play with my hair. I allowed my eyes to shut whilst I just rested in Jason's lap. Jason leant down and kissed my forehead gently, making me smile and giggle. "You giggle at everything." He commented, chuckling. I smiled and stuck my tounge out at him playfully. He gasped dramatically and held his hand on his heart, before quickly resuming to his normal position.

"Jason can I ask you something?" I asked him. He nodded and looked down at me. We were the only two people in the car at the moment, the others were getting their bags along with mine and Jason's. "If I do stay with you in LA.." I trailed, fiddling with my fingers. "Will you stop beating me?" I was unable to look into Jason's eyes at the moment. 

"I promise, baby girl."