Chapter Nineteen

"No Jason, please." I begged him. He ignored my pleads and slammed me down into the pool. This was my favourite pool at Jason's, quite simply because the scenery. They made it look like an outdoor pool, when they have a glass roof above and around the perimeter. I rose back to the surface, seeing Jason laughing like a loonatic on the pool edge. I made a pouty face, and his chuckling immediately stopped.

"I love you baby." He said in a wierd accent. I stuck my tongue out at him, earning a playful smirk back. "That's mean." He added, before diving into the pool. I watched him as he glided through the water, finally reaching me. His hands trailed up the sides of my bruised body, before stopping at my cheeks. "Hey beautiful." He commented, earning a giggle in return. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks, turning them a pinky colour. "Awh is wittle baby Ariana blushing?" He said in a baby voice, pinching my cheeks playfully. Blush kept to my face even more.

"Stop it." I muttered, pushing him away. I hid my cheeks behind my hands.

"But you're cute. So cute that you're too cute." He babbled.

"Aw, isn't that sweet." I replied sarcastically, adding a small, yet playful eye roll.

"What have I told you about rolling your eyes at me Ariana?" Jason asked sternly. I couldn't tell whether he was joking or not, and that scared me.

"S-sorry I-" I was rudely cut off.

"I was kidding baby girl." I loved it when Jason called me that. I let a sigh of frustration escape my parted lips, happy that he wasn't being serious. From underneath the water, Jason grabbed the back of my thighs and pulled me up, so that my legs were wrapped firmly around his waist. My arms wrapped themselves around his neck, whilst his did the same with my waist. Gently, Jason rested his head onto my right shoulder. He let out a happy sigh, as I allowed my chin to rest on his head. "I love you so much Aria." He mumbled. One of them was even Ari Bear, which reminded me of what my friend, Verina used to call me. I miss my friends, a lot.

"I love you too Jason." I began to caress the tips of his hair between my fingers; twirling and twisting it in my fingertips.

"I'm sorry baby." Jason muffled, considering his head was burried deep into my shoulder.

"Sorry?" I questioned. "Why are you sorry?" My previous facial expression had now turned into a frown. I jumped down from Jason's torso and allowed myself to stand up straight. His head was still in my shoulder.

"For the way I treated you." He mumbled. I felt a tiny drop on my shoulder. Using my two fingers, I lifted Jason's chin, seeing how glossy his eyes were. "I don't know what I was doing-"

"Shh." I hushed him soothingly. I flung my arms around his neck, pulling him into bone crushing hug. "It's okay Jason." Was I really telling the truth? "I just, I don't want it to happen again." My voice cracked noticably. "It really scared me, when you were like that. I used to hate being around you when you were drunk, I was petrified!" I exclaimed. "That's why I ran away, I was scared. But now I realise that you're a different person, and that you won't do that to me again." I couldn't help but feel as if I was lying to myself, but it felt good to get these feelings off my chest. "I loved you so much, but yet I was so scared of you."

"Loved?" Jason asked, making a huge emphasis on the 'd.' His voice cracked majorly. "You don't love me anymore?" He repeated. I froze, unable to answer. Do I still love him, even though he put my through that? A tear trickled down his flawless face, as he swam away to the side of the pool. Rapidly, he got out of the pool and darted inside. I however was still completely frozen.

Do I love him?