Chapter Six

When I woke up, I felt something wrapped around my nose and mouth with a steady flow of air coming through. I opened my eyes and saw a gas mask on my face. I heard yelling, and I looked up and saw my dad and Jason fighting, again.

"No, I hope you get locked up in prison you sick bastard! You nearly choked her! She could of died!" My dad screamed. "Go ahead, fucking shoot me, but it's only because you can't handle the truth!" He added. I've honestly never seen my dad like this before. "She's coming back with us. If you don't let her LEGAL GUARDIANS take her then we'll call the police." My dad said, emphasising the words 'legal guardians.' Jason rolled his eyes, exhaling heavily as he did so. Jason opened his mouth to say something but shut it when I groaned purposely, to make them stop screaming at each other. I moved my hand up to my face and pulled the oxygen mask off, knowing that I can breathe properly without it.   

"Sweetheart are you okay?" My mom asked, rushing to my side. She gripped my right hand in both of hers, smiling sincerely. I nodded my head. 

"Just a little light-headed, that's all." I replied honestly. 

"Yeah cause of that bastard." My dad mumbled but my mom glared at him, telling him to shut up. 

"Don't worry sweetheart, you'll be out of here soon." She added, still that sincere smile plastered onto her face. I'm actually still quite shocked that they came. When I used to live with them, I was lucky to see them once a week. That once a week soon turned to once a month and soon enough, they were doing business all around the world all year. That's how I met Jason, I was walking through the park, upset about the fact that I never see my parents when I accidently bumped into him.  From that moment, we just clicked. Next thing you know, I move to LA thinking how much I love him only to find out that he's an abusive monster. 

"Can I have a few minutes alone with her?" Jason asked, snapping my out of my thoughts. My dad shook his head.

"Of course sweetheart, we'll be out there." What's with her calling me sweetheart constantly? She grabbed my dad by his wrist and pulled him out of the room. They did exactly as she said. My mom had her back turned but my dad's piercing green eyes were burning holes through the back of Jason's head, watching his every move like a hawk. Fear ran through me as Jason stepped closer to me. My whole body tensed as I tried to shuffle to the opposite side of my hospital bed. He sighed and sat down on the chair next to me.

"I'm sorry." He said simply. I could tell by his tone that he did really mean it. His voice was cracking, almost to the point where he could hardly speak. "I know you won't forgive me. I just don't know what came over me. I guess I was just so angry about the fact that you left me, I-I just..." He kept cutting himself short. So this is about me running away? What about the fact that you just almost choked me?! "I'm just going to be honest here." He said. "I'm nothing without you. I was so angry about the fact that you left me because I need you." Tears began to rim up in my eyes. "When I saw that note, I realised how much of a dick I've been." I cut him off before he could even say another word.

"Yeah but Jason you say that then you go and beat me again. Thanks to you, half of my body is purple. I'm in so much pain from the beating you gave me a few hours ago and you just almost choked me." I blurted out. "Jason I cry myself to sleep every night knowing that I've lost you." He furrowed his eyebrows together in confusion.

"You've lost me?" He questioned.

"Yeah, the old Jason who I loved is gone. 'I'll come sneak into your room to comfort you because you aren't feeling well.' 'You're a fucking worthless little whore." I replied, quoting two of the things I can remember him saying to me. 

"I know, I'm sorry." He pleaded, his eyes begging for forgiveness. I wanted to just dive into his arms right there and then and just forgive him, but I knew that if I went back home with him, he's beat me senseless. 

"Sorry doesn't cut it anymore." I said, my voice at breaking point. Tears streamed down his face as he charged out of the room, making a sharp right turn. My parents came in, my dad caring more about what Jason said to me rather than whether I was ok or not. I really do want to forgive Jason, but there's something inside me telling me that he's just going to do the same thing again.