Chapter Twenty

I finally managed to drag myself out of the pool, and begin to frantically search for Jason. I checked downstairs, seeing no sign of him what-so-ever. Letting out a frustrated sigh, I darted up the stairs and checked every room. There's no way he's left somewhere in his car, I would of heard it. I slammed open the bedroom door, and looked straight ahead of me, where Jason was standing on the balcony, a cigarette latched between his lips tightly. I gulped and crept over to him.

"J-Jase?" I whispered, barely audible. He didn't look back, or even move. "Jason." I said louder and more confident. He took one quick glance at me, revealing his bloodshot, tired eyes. I felt awful. "I'm sorry.." I trailed.

"There's nothing to be sorry for." He sniffed. "You don't love me, and I don't blame you. Who can love me?" His last sentence tore my heart in two. "A fucked up physcopath who hurts the people he loves." His head bowed down as tears cascaded down his face.

"Jason you're not fucked up, or a physcopath-"

"I am." He cut me off.

"No Jason, you aren't." He raised his arm to take another breath of smoke, and that's when I saw them. Multiple cuts and slices across his arm, from his wrist to his elbow. My jaw dropped to the floor, a small sob escaping his lips. Jason turned his head to me once more.

"I don't know what you're crying for." He muttered.

"How long have you been doing that?" My voice cracked. His eyebrows twisted into a small frown.

"Doing what?"

"Cutting." I watched as his whole face dropped, his expression turning sad.

"Quite a while now. Like, three months or so." He replied, muttering.

"Just your wrists?" A stiff chuckle escaped his lips as he shook his head.

"Thighs." I looked down, feeling a tear pour down my face.

"Why?"

"Like I said, I'm a fucked up physco. I was stupid to think that you loved me, because you obviously never did. I'm sorry for the way I treat you, but I know for a fact that you'd be better off if you had never of met me. I want you to go back to New York with your parents." What?!

"New York!?" I yelled. "I thought you wanted me to stay here."

"I'll get you the jet, you can go home tomorrow." This is my home.

"Jason I want to stay here with you." I demanded. As if he was actually going to listen.

"You're going home, and that's final." He threw his cigarette over the side and stormed past me, heading straight for the closet. He yanked open my side, and began throwing all of my belongings onto the bed. After he was done throwing my things around the room, he grabbed my two suitcases and randomly piled stuff in. I just stood there watching him, more and more tears slowly running down my cheeks.

"Please Jason." I begged. He took no notice of me, and instead began packing my toilietries into a small bag.

"Aria." He started. "You can't stay here with me-"

"I do love you Jason!" I told him. "You never actually let me finish the story." I don't know if I love Jason the way I used to. It may take me a little while just to gain his trust again. After the way he used to beat me, it's not going to be easy, but I never said it wasn't worth a try.

"I just need a little time to gain your trust again." I added.

"Have you heard yourself!?" He snapped. "Nobody fucking loves me okay!? Nobody!" Tears were now pouring down my cheeks hearing how much Jason hated himself. "You're better at home in New York, away from me." He said.

"Jason I want to stay here with you I just need time to gain your trust!" I screamed at him. He flinched at my sudden outburst. "I had an arguement with my parents, and I just want to stay here, away from them. I added.

"Ariana-"

"Jason please." He let out a frustrated sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose. It's weird how I was begging him to let me go back to my parents and now I'm begging him to let me stay with him.

"I don't want you to." He replied.

"Why not?" I challanged him. "Why don't you want me to stay?"

"Because."

"Because why Jason?"

"I don't know." He growled. I looked at him with pleading eyes. He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Fine. I just don't think that you're going to be-"

"I'm going to be fine Jason." I said and shot him a re-assuring smile.