Chapter Five

His jaw clenched even tighter than what it was before. He raised his hand and pushed my by the shoulders hard, making me fall to the floor. As I was falling, I tried to grab onto the table beside me, but instead, I knocked my tea over causing the scolding hot liquid to fall all over my chest and part of my face. I yelped in pain as it came in contact with my skin. Jason ignored me and slammed the door behind him, storming over to me. I backed away until I felt the bed come in contact with my back. "I'm sorry." I cried, hoping he would be as hard on me, but that was a waste, he doesn't care. He ignored me and gripped a handful of my hair in his hands. He yanked me up, making me look dead in his dark brown-almost black eyes. They were so dark. Usually when he's angry his eyes go darker, but I've never seen them this colour. I gulped, feeling my body shaking beneath his grip.

"Stupid bitch, did you think you would get away with this?!" He yelled. I stayed completely silent so he yanked my head again, this time pulling it in a downwards direction so my neck twisted. I heard my neck crack as pain shot through. "Well?!" He yelled once again. Over and over in my head, I prayed that these walls weren't soundproof and that someone from the hotel would hear me and come and help me.

"I'm sorry Jason!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "I'm sorry." I repeated.

"Bullshit, I don't believe you!" He yelled, grabbing more of my hair. My body was swung around before my face was smashed against the wall. I felt a warm liquid run from my nose and when my head was pulled away, I saw blood on the wall. Jason threw me to the floor, straddeling me on my torso. His fist collided with my face, making my head fly in the oposite direction. Tears started to stream down my face from the pain I was in.

After what felt like hours of being beaten, Jason finally stopped. All through that, Jason kept screaming at me, asking why I ran away. He's so stupid, he still hasn't caught on that I was sick of being beaten constantly, everyday of my life. He stood up and picked up the cup that was on the floor from where I knocked it off. He yanked me up by my hair and dragged me out of the hotel room.

"My stuff." I mumbled quietly.

"What?!" Jason yelled causing me to flinch.

"My clothes and stuff." I said again. He groaned and let go of my wrist and grabbed my suitcase handing it to me.

"Here. Now walk bitch." I did as I was told and tried to walk, but I was limping. Jason kicked me a few times in my knee's and ankles, and they really hurt. I limped towards the hotel front desk and saw a different guy there. He looked at me, he was half asleep, so he probably couldn't tell that I was struggling to stand up.

"I'd like to check out." I said handing him my room key. He nodded and typed something in on his computer. Jason gripped my waist, purposely digging his fingers in. I gulped, knowing that I shouldn't say anything. I trailed my suitcase behind me as we walked out of the hotel. Jason led me to the car and got in his side, whilst I struggled around to mine. 

---

We were halfway home. I don't think that there is anyway I can possibly escape this now. I know, when I say escape it sounds as if he kidnapped me, well to me, it is that way. I tried to break-up with him, and the only possible way that I can do that is by escaping from him- running away. Yet even when I do that, he still comes and finds me.

Then I thought of a plan. Jason was focused on the road, not even taking a second glance at me. I moved around a bit, pretending to get comfortable, but instead I unbuckled my seatbelt, coughing to cover up the clicking sound that it makes when you unbuckle it. Now, I just need to do it in one quick, fluid moment, and thats exactly what I did. I gripped the door handle, pulling it so that the door flung open. I hurled my body out of the car, hearing Jason scream my name. After rolling for a while, I stood up but then heard a car horn behind me. Just as I whipped around, I felt a body smash into mine, pushing me into the side of the road. My head hit the pavement hard, pain immediately rushing through it. I felt my eye-lids start to drop as the pain pushed its way to the unbareable level. Seconds later, I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore, so I just let them shut on me, making everything around me go black.

---

I woke up to an annoying beeping sound. I groaned and sat up, rubbing my head as the pain returned.

"Where am I?" I whispered to myself more than anyone else.

"You're in the hospital sweetheart." Someone replied. I turned my head to the opposite direction, seeing two people that I would never expect to see.

"Mom, Dad." I whispered softly. Why are they here?

"And don't you worry about that McCann boy anymore. He's gone." What do they mean, gone? 

"Gone?" I asked. My mom nodded, giving me a sincere smile.

"You won't have to worry about him anymore." She replied. Just as she was saying that, the door flew open revealing Jason, Ryan and Chaz.

"You thought that you could get rid of me? Nah." He chuckled. "This is my hospital, get out." Jason demanded, his jaw clenched. Even from my hospital bed I could see his eyes turning a darker colour.

"She's our daughter Jason we can stay here as long as we want!" My dad yelled back. Jason whipped a pistol out of his waistband and pointed it to my parents. "You think you're a big boy don't you?" My dad asked, making Jason slowly lower his gun. "No, you're just a pathetic coward. You think kidnapping people is fun? Ari would of never even thought about running away if you didn't walk into her life." Jason looked at me, his eyes pleading for me to argue back at my dad, but for some reason, I just couldn't do it. "Am I lying Ari?" My dad asked turning his attention to me. I slumped into my bed, trying to ignore his question.

"Ariana?" Jason asked. I gulped, not wanting to say what I really thought.

"You've changed her Jason. You think that you're big and clever, but you really aren't." My dad continued. Jason stayed silent. I kept my head low, not wanting to see the arguement going on between my boyfriend ex boyfriend and my dad. 

"Get out." Jason demanded. "Otherwise I'll shoot you." Jason said in a low voice. My parents got up and left the room, taking their belongings with them. I looked up for a millisecond to meet Jason's dark eyes. We made eye contact for a split second before I quickly tore my eyes away. Ryan and Chaz wondered off, leaving me and Jason alone.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded my head. "You not talking?" He asked. I could tell that he was still angry that I ran away . 

"Yeah, I am." I mumbled quietly. 

"Why'd you run away?" He asked. I shut my eyes tight and sighed.

"Because I was sick." I mumbled. 

"Talk louder bitch!" He yelled. The doctors that were passing by didn't even bother to look in the room, even when they heard him yell. They know what he's like. 

"I WAS SICK OF THE BEATINGS AND I WAS SICK OF YOU TREATING ME LIKE SHIT!" I screamed back. Jason's face turned to complete anger.

"Treating you like shit huh? Cause giving you a home and food is totally treating you li-" I wouldn't let him say another word. 

"What about the beatings?" I cut him off. 

"You said you forgave me the other day." He said, shrugging. With the way he shrugged his shoulders, it almost made me feel like he didn't care, and that hurt me even more. 

"Well of course I didn't! How fucking stupid are you to believe that I will ever be able to forgive you for what you've done!?" I screamed. "I'm done. I wish I had never even met you." I said. His jaw and fists clenched, his eyes clouding over. He stood up, kicking his chair back making it fall over. I felt his hands wrap themselves around my throat. I tried breathing, but I wasn't getting any air into my lungs. "Jason stop." I croaked out, trying to gasp for breath. He completely ignored me and pressed down harder.  

"You're a fucking worthless little whore. I wish I had never saved you from getting hit by that truck. You'd be dead." That was the last thing I heard him say before I felt his hands being ripped from my throat. But it was too late, I felt lightheaded, gasping for breath. Even though he wasn't choking me anymore, I still felt as though there was something stopping me from  breathing and soon enough, the whole world went black, for the second time tonight.