9. The Face Off

(Tere Bin Ye Saare MausamBerang The, Bemaza TheShaamil Nahi Thi Tu JinmeWo Saare Pal Bewajah The

Berang The, Bemaza The
Shaamil Nahi Thi Tu Jinme
Wo Saare Pal Bewajah The

Wo Zindagi Hai Hi Nahi
Jo Main Tere Bina Jee Liya

Dil Mein Ho Tum Aankhon Mein Tum
Pehli Nazar Se Hi Yara
O Ye Ishq Ki Hai Saazishein
Lo Aa Mile Hum Dobara...)

~~~~~~~~~~

Kashi entered and greeted everyone present in the conference hall but Abhay's eyes were stucked on her after seeing her. His breath hitched and he felt his heartbeat rising to a level that it might burst anytime soon.

His eyes went to her vermillion which adorned her beauty. Wearing his Mangalsutra around her neck, maang tikka and bangles in her hands, she looked nothing less than an eternal beauty dressed in a Rajasthani attire. And so, Abhay was not able to take his eyes off her.

He was seeing Kashi, today exactly after the long two years and his decided to betray him and was beating faster than usual. Kashi was sitting right in front of him but she didn't even spared a glance at Abhay once.

Soon the meeting started and Mehlawat ji was ready to make the announcement,
"So, as we all know that it is our Hukum Sa who always takes this project and perhaps even today he would've got it. But there is someone who turned out to be his competitor. We also liked and appreciated their presentation. Both Hukum Sa and that person have excellent ideas and skills to do this project. It took us a lot of time to form a decision, but still we made it and decided that this project would be given to Hukum Sa and that person, both. Both of them will work together on this project.
Now I may announce the name of the person who is going to work with Hukum Sa in this project, and she is none other than Kashi Pratap Singh", as soon as Mahlawat ji announced, there was a sheer around of applause that echoed in hall.

But Abhay was unfazed of all this, he was looking at Kashi and just waited for a glance from her. But there she was, avoiding him and wasn't even looking aside.
(Kyun sabse juda, kya sabse alag, andaaz tere lagte..)

Abhay was eagerly waiting for her to see him, react something, but it all seemed unnecessary for her. Looking at her, he muttered to himself,
"Uth ke dekh toh lijiye hume ek baar, pure do saal baad aamne saamne aai hai, par aap hai ki Hume dekh hi nahi Rahi hai.. humse se itni nafrat.. aakhir ho bhi kyu na, iss ka haq bhi humne hi aapko diya hai."
(Look at me once, we both have came across each other after two years, but you're not even looking at me, you me hate this much.. perhaps this is your right.. afterall I'm the one who has given you this.)

Mehlawat ji then called both of them to sign the project paper. At his request, both of them went forward and signed the paper.

After signing the paper, Kashi looked at everyone and said,
"I apologise, but I have a objection, to y'all and especially to your Hukum Sa, that I'll be able to start this project from Indore only, because my father is not doing well. I've to do this to take care of him, if your Hukum Sa ji has no problem to this, then he can accept this proposal from my side.", Kashi completed while looking at everyone in the hall except for him, and Abhay was nothing all this.