22. Peace

(Pehle JaanPhir Jaan-e-jaanPhir Jaan-e-jaana hogye

(Pehle Jaan
Phir Jaan-e-jaan
Phir Jaan-e-jaana hogye

Rafta Rafta woh meri
Hasti ka sama ho gye..)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shalini and Vijay were joyfully immersed in playing Holi, while Raja Saheb generously distributed gifts among the hospital staff, adding vibrant colors to the celebration.

In the hospital room, Kashi sat peacefully with closed eyes, her head pressed against the pillow, while Abhay remained engrossed in his work on the laptop.

Malini entered with a smile on her face. "Happy Holi Abhay." she greeted, prompting him to set aside his laptop.

"Malini, come in. Happy Holi to you too." Abhay responded warmly.

"How are you, Kashi?" Malini inquired with a smile.

"I am fine." Kashi replied, returning the smile.

Malini, holding a handful of colors, approached Kashi. Observing Kashi's subtle desire for colors, Malini carefully applied them with a fake smile. "Happy Holi, Kashi." she said.

"Happy Holi to you too, Malini ji." Kashi responded, reciprocating by applying a light color to Malini's cheeks.

At that moment, Shalini and Vijay joined in, running into the room.
"Hey Malini ji, we thought you were upset, that's why you didn't came." She teased, a mischievous grin on her face.

"I might occasionally get upset with Abhay, but just because he's married doesn't mean our friendship is broken." Malini replied, looking at Shalini and Kashi.

"I knew you were too resilient to leave so easily." Shalini grumbled playfully.

"Come, let us sweeten your mouth on this matter." she added, inviting Malini to share in the joyous occasion.

While unveiling the catch, Malini playfully applied colors to all the other and eventually departed.

~~~~~~~~~

EVENING TIME, HOSPITAL

Shalini and Vijay arrived with food. Spotting his father, Vikram ji, visiting Kashi, Vijay expressed his surprise at not being informed earlier.
"Papa, you didn't even informed me? When did you came here.?" He asked, his eyebrows frowned.

"Calm down young man! Now that you have celebrated Holi with your friends, so it's my turn to play Holi with my friends." Vikram ji remarked, as smiles exchanged.

They all sat down for a dinner, but Kashi seemed disinterested in eating.
Concerned, Shalini inquired softly, "What's the matter Kashi? Are you waiting for Abhay ji?"

Kashi replied, "No, it's not like that. Enjoy your meal, and don't worry about me." She said softly, holding her hands.

"You're quite stubborn, Kashi." Shalini teased, holding her ear playfully.