26. Hukum Ranisa

(Ye kya baat hai aaj ki chandani meKe hum kho gaye pyar ki raagani meYe baahon mein baahen, ye behki nigaaheLo aane lagaa zindagi ka mazaaYe raatein, yeh mausamNadee ka kinara, yeh chanchal hawaa)

Ke hum kho gaye pyar ki raagani me
Ye baahon mein baahen, ye behki nigaahe
Lo aane lagaa zindagi ka mazaa
Ye raatein, yeh mausam
Nadee ka kinara, yeh chanchal hawaa)

~~~~~~~~~

Abhay went back to the room, where Kashi was seated, accompanied by a nurse. He went to her and sat by her side, his fingers intertwined with hers. Shortly thereafter, the doctor arrived with Rana.

"Come Doctor, check if she is okay or not." Abhay requested as he rose from his seat.

"I'm fine, Doctor; nothing serious has happened. He is feeling a bit troubled unnecessarily." Kashi assured while remaining seated.

"Let the doctor do his job and you stay quiet." Abhay intervened, glaring at her. The doctor, with a smile, proceeded to examine Kashi.

"All is well, Hukum Sa. Her hand is improving, and the plaster will be removed in two or three days." The doctor informed, examining her hand.

"Look, I already told you that I'm fine." Kashi said, facing Abhay.

"Rana, accompany him downstairs," Abhay directed, and Rana promptly guided the doctor out. Meanwhile, he continued to exchange glances with Kashi.

"Jab dekho mujhe badi badi aankhein kar ghurne lagte hai." Kashi muttered under breath.

"Kuch kaha aapne.?" Abhay asked, his eyes narrowing at her.

"Nahi toh." Kashi fake smiled, before rolling her eyes at him.

"Don't." His deep husky voice, back to his job.

"W-what.?" Her voice stammered seeing his sharp gaze on her.

"You'll soon know it, Hukum Ranisa." His voice dripping with such seriousness.

"I want to sleep." Kashi shrugged off the conversation and laid down on the bed. After ensuring Kashi was asleep, Abhay left her in the care of the nurse and stepped outside, where Rana awaited.

"Rana, did you find him?" Abhay inquired.

"Yes, Hukum Sa, we've kept him in the outhouse." Rana replied. Abhay, accompanied by Rana, made his way to the outhouse, only to find the man hand cuffed.

"Open it." Abhay commanded. Rana went ahead and untied his hands.

"Forgive me. Please, I know I-I made a mistake," the man ranted.

"We'll spare your life; if you share the details with us. Just tell me where is Shehrawat." Abhay declared.

"I don't know much. One of their men came and instructed me to carry out this task. After that, Shehrawat spoke to me." The man explained.

"Hmm, and anything else?" Abhay inquired.

"No, Hukum Sa." The man replied.

"Let him go, Rana." Abhay instructed.