21. Aftermath

(Darr hai tujhe main kho na doonMile jo Khuda toh bol doonMain do jahan ka kya karoonTu bata… o

Mile jo Khuda toh bol doon
Main do jahan ka kya karoon
Tu bata… o..

Tu jo mere paas hai
Mujhko na koi pyaas hai
Meri muqammal ho gayi har duaa..)

~~~~~~~~~~~

NIGHT TIME, HOSPITAL

Rajendra ji rushed into the hospital, concern etched on his face.
"How's Kashi?" He urgently asks Vijay.

The doctor, with a heavy heart, responded, "Sit down Raja Sa, Kashi is under observation."

"H-However, there's a grim reality – if Kashi doesn't regain consciousness within 24 hours, she might face the risk of slipping into c-coma." Vijay, visibly upset, said as his voice cracked.

Rajendra ji joined him on the bench, grappling with the fear of failing his friend's daughter.
"If anything happens to her, what I'll answer to my friend." He said, his voice terrified.

"Nothing will happen to Kashi, I won't let that happen." Abhay, determined with his unwavering resolve, said.

"Kuch nahi hoga unhe." The lines repeatedly chanted in his mind as he swiftly left the hospital, his steps leading him to the temple built near the hospital.

Ascending the stairs, he stood before Mahadev without folded hands, gazing at the Murti, his face devoid of any expression.

His eyes were bloodshot red, tears unwilling to shed. His face, his state vividly portrayed his helplessness. His eyes, mirrors of pain, reflecting the depth of his hurt, revealed a silent anguish.

"Mai Manta hu galti hai meri, galat Kiya hai Maine unke saath. Par aap mujhe ye saza nahi de sakte. Jante hai na aap ki hum unke Bina nahi reh payenge.. toh phir kyu.. kyu kar rahe hai aap ye sab." A tears escaped his right eye, tracing a silent path down his cheek as the hurt took over him.

"I am willing to bear any retribution, as long as it doesn't involve losing her. You have to return her to me. Please."
Desperation creeps in his tone as Abhay began ringing the temple bell ripping the silence in the dark night.

The echoes intertwine with the hospital sounds, symbolizing the intense exchange between him and Mahadev today.

"Kitna maanti hai voh aapko toh, aaj unke bharose aya hu yaha, mat todna unka bharosa. Wapis lauta do unhe mujhe.. wapas.. mere saath, mere pass." He said as more tears streamed down his face.

There was a war between him and her Mahadev today. His determination stood on their knees begging for his life as he restlessly ringed the bell, his stubbornness,  evident.

Meanwhile in the hospital, Shalini, Vijay, and Rajendra ji sat together, fervently praying for Kashi wellbeing. Rajendra ji, seeing bandages on her hand and leg, moved to sit by Kashi's side.