16. Fighting Feelings

Thank you so much everyone for bearing with me this time

Here comes a long chapter ahead.!!
Avoid the mistakes..
~~~~~~~~

Jante hue bhi aanjan banti ho,
Iss tarah mujhe pareshan karti ho,

Puchti ho mujhe kya pasand hai,
Jawab khud ho.... phir bhi sawal karti ho...

~~~~~~~~~

MORNING TIME, RAJASTHAN

Kashi slowly opened her eyes and felt a warm sensation enveloped around her hand. She lifted her gaze to find Abhay by her side. His eyelids were closed, his fingers enterwined with hers and he appeared to be in a peaceful slumber.

She firmly freed her hand from his grip and got down from the bed. She was about to open the door when one veiny hand came to her view, that blocked the way and closed it back.

"I want to go home." Kashi declared, without lifting her eyelids.

"I will drop you myself, you're not going alone." Abhay said, his gaze fixed on her.

Kashi took slow steps and went to the couch that was present in the room. Abhay looked at her direction once and left the room. He returned back with some servants carrying big salvers. He signalled them to place the things and dispersed them.

"These are my mother's clothes and jewellery, you get ready." He informed her, his eyes searching for her but she just nodded.

As he left, Kashi got up and went to get ready after taking the clothes. She got ready and came downstairs, earning a shocked look from everyone. All the servants were flabbergasted after seeing her, looking so eternal is those clothes.

A servant was carrying a tray, full of flowers and his mouth opened wide.

"Where are you taking these flowers at?" Kashi asked as she approached him.

"J-Ji, they are for the puja." The servant nervously told her.

"Ok, give it to me, I'll do today's puja." Kashi told him softly and smiled, the servant too smiled and forwarded her the tray.

She came to the temple built inside the palace with the servant and placed the flowers at Maa's feet. She took Puja thali and started the aarti.

Kashi was immersed in doing the Aarti while everyone came and stood near the temple with their hands folded, eyes closed, them being completely lost in that peaceful moment.

Today was the day, after many years, when this pure sound of the Aarti was echoing in the palace. She was the only one, after Abhay's mother to make this huge palace feel like home, bring smile on their faces, without even trying.