34. Menace's Arrival

"Kahan kise ke liye hai mumkinSab ke liye ek sa honaThoda sa dil mera bura haiThoda bhala hai seene meinAwaarapaan banjarapaanEk khala hai sine mein

Sab ke liye ek sa hona
Thoda sa dil mera bura hai
Thoda bhala hai seene mein
Awaarapaan banjarapaan
Ek khala hai sine mein..."

~~~~~~~~~~

ONE MONTH LATER
MORNING TIME, JAISALMER

In the tranquil embrace of sweet morning, Abhay laid nestled in Kashi's lap, both lost in the gentle embrace of slumber. Stirring from his rest, Abhay's eyes landed on the delicate contours of Kashi's face, a soft smile gracing his lips as he brushed aside the stray tendrils of hair that danced in the breeze.

As Kashi stirred awake, Abhay, with a playful twinkle in his eye, pretended to remain in the realm of dreams, his heart swelling with affection. Sensing her movements, he surrendered to the charade, allowing her to depart as she gently placed a pillow beneath his head, a silent testament to his patience.

"Wow, what a great wife she is, having such a handsome husband lying beside her, but instead of looking at him lovingly, she just put a pillow under his head and left. Your love story is complete now, Abhay Pratap Singh. Nothing can be done about her. " Abhay's inner thoughts echoed, his heart overflowing with gratitude for the extraordinary woman in front of him.

With a whispered acknowledgment, as Kashi left for her morning routine, he closed his eyes and went to sleep once more.

Emerging from her morning ablutions, Kashi's radiant presence illuminated the room, her grace a testament to her inner beauty. Abhay's gaze lingered upon her with unabashed adoration, every movement a symphony of elegance that captured his heart.

Kashi noticed Abhay fast asleep, unaware of the fact that he was secretly watching her as he pretended to sleep. Hastily, she adjusted her dupatta, feeling a sensual gaze upon her. He caught glimpses of her reflection in the mirror, his eyes subtly tracing her figure. Right from her wet hair to her waist.

In the tender exchange of glances, Kashi felt the weight of Abhay's intense glances, his eyes speaking volumes even how good he pretended. She turned her head to find him asleep and with a soft exhale, she adjusted her attire, a silent response to his unspoken desires.

After arranging her dupatta neatly, as Kashi prepared to depart, his lips whispered a request, "Please adjust your maang tika properly, Hukum Ranisa."

His eyes were closed, a mischievous smile tracing his lips. Kashi nodded, followed by a humm as she began adjusting her Maang Tika.

She gazed into the mirror, and finally the realisation hit her. She turned hastily to find Abhay awake, his smiling broadening and her eyes widening in surprise.

"You were awake?" She muttered with her wide eyes.

"Of course, how can one sleep when such a beautiful wife is in front of him?" Abhay teased with a playful smile, lounging comfortably.