chapter 8 "truffles"

The four friends gathered at the Sakura seeds plantation area, ready to discuss what they'd be doing for the day.

"So ..? Anyone got any ideas?" YelloWool asked, sitting with his paws in the blue water. His tail thumped against the green and healthy grass lightly.

"We could build a boat and have Dev push us through the water?" Boosfer suggested with a slight shrug of the elbows.

"That does sound quite nice." Kier commented, laying down in the grass next to the water where Dev was.

"I am not pushing three people in a boat. You guys are too heavy " Dev said while rolling his eyes and crossing his arms over his chest in a sassy manner.

"Oh whatever!" YelloWool added in, kicking water over towards Devs direction.

Dev went underwater and swam near where YelloWool was. He prepared to shoot a large amount of water at the werewolf.

Dev started to create waves in the water. They got bigger.. and bigger..

Kier backed away, covering himself with his wings. Boosfer did the same, covering himself with his arms and wings like a bat when sleeping upside down, hanging from a tree branch.

YelloWool didn't have time to react before—

SPLASH. LAUGHTER.

Kier, Boosfer, and Dev all burst out laughing at YelloWool, who was now soaked in water from Dev's waves.

"DEV! WHAT THE FRICK?!" YelloWool stood up, watching the water drip from his body like a miniature waterfall.

YelloWool shook himself off in the way a dog would shake itself off after a bath.

"Don't. Splash me." YelloWool growled, his ears tucking down.

What did Dev do? Splash him. Again. And again.

"WHAT PART OF 'DON'T SPLASH ME'  DO YOU NOR UNDERSTAND??" YelloWool shouted before he walked off, sitting in the nearby forest. Alone.

"I'll go get them, you two figure out what us four can do together." Boosfer stood up and he began to walk nearby where YelloWool was sitting, in hope he would be able to cheer him up.

"Yello~.." Boosfer said softly and sweetly as he approached the tree YelloWool was sitting behind.

YelloWool was hugging his knees, a bit upset by how Dev didn't listen to him when he said to not throw waved at him.

YelloWool ignored Boosfer. His tail sat in his lap, not moving a single bit.

"What's wrong?" Boosfer asked as he sat on his knees in front of YelloWool.

YelloWool didn't respond. He only lightly hummed a small song. Dev must've broken him since YelloWool never really acted like this.

"Yello speak to me." Boosfer demanded, cupping YelloWools face to look him directly in the eyes.

YelloWool stared at him, not saying anything. His ears slightly moved, listening to the sound of birds chirping, Kier and Dev talking in the distance, and any other sounds he could hear nearby.

Boosfer thought for a couple of seconds.. what would get YelloWool to speak?

He finally came up with an idea.

"If you speak I'll give you a kiss." Boosfer said with a soft smile. YelloWools ears perked up and his tail lightly patted against the ground.

"I love you.." YelloWool spoke quietly, it was practically a whisper due to how quietly he spoke.