Chapter 10 "glowy Island"

Kier and Dev were itching for an adventure. Especially one with just the two of them. It was late at night as well, they had slept all day surprisingly.

"Soo.. I heard there were some super old temple's that are like haunted and cursed we could explore!" Kier suggested, his fiery red tail swaying behind him as he walked along the sealine, kicking any rock that was in his way.

Dev snickered as he swam besides where Kier was walking. "God your an idiot.."

Kier looked down at Dev with a confused look on his face as he strerchef out his large wings. "Hey—... What do you mean?" He said with a cross of his patterned arms.

"I mean you're stupid. I don't have LEGS, Kier. I can't go on land for a long time, Kier." Dev spoke as he dived underwater and resurfaced a couple of seconds later.

Kier softly gasped, realizing how much of an idiot he was. "Oh..!" The knowledge finally hit him. "Right..." Kier spoke with a soft chuckle.

Dev smiled and kept swimming, eventually coming up with an idea in that serpentine brain of his. "I know an island near this place that's kinda cool! I can swim there with you on my back!"

Kier gasped and smiled brightly, an actually good idea coming into his mind.

"Oh! What if I cut a log into two pieces and I attached a vine to you and I made a little raft and you can pull it!" Kier said excitedly, his tail going from a gentle sway to a wag that was so strong it could make his hips move along with it.

"Good idea Kier! You better pay me if I do that for you." Dev smirked in an oddly flirtatious way. What was this idiot implying ?

Kier's face went a little red.. no not by his markings or the obvious heat from his body. It was actually blush. But only a little bit, he didn't really show any signs of being flustered, probably because he wasn't. He just liked Dev's stupid smirk... A lot.

"Fine. I'll bring some apples too .." Kier said with an annoyed sigh.

Kier looked around and spotted a nearby jungle with a fallen tree. He ran up and grabbed 5 vines, each being quite long and thick. He wrapped them around his neck like a scarf. He used the barbs on his tail to get the log into a half. It was quite tricky but thankfully the log was a bit thin.

Kier picked up the two logs and carried them to the water where his best friend, Dev would be awaiting the fire dragons company.

Kier used two of the vines to bind the logs together so they wouldn't drift away from each other and ruin the raft.

Once finished Kier braided the other three vined together and tied them around Dev. "Okay.." Kier mumbled, pushing the logs towards the deep, dark, blue sea which reflected the night sky and the beautiful waning crescent.

Kier grabbed onto the "leash" that Dev had around him and the two set off.

"Do i seriously have to have the vines around my NECK?" Dev asked, swimming at a slow and steady pace.

"I don't want to damage your dorsal fin thingies." Kier responded, leaning forward and running a finger along the ridge-like fins on Devs back.

Dev shivered from the gentle touch and went underwater. But not too far where he would pull the raft under.

"Oh come on, Dev! Don't be a pussy!" Kier shouted, swishing his hand around underwater.

Soon enough he learned not to fuck with Dev while they were in water.

Dev started to swim in fast zigzags to cause the raft to sway and swish. It nearly caused Kier to throw up.

"DEV! DEV STOP!" He demanded, holding onto the raft for his poor life. "DEV IM EITHER GONNA THROW UP OR GO OVERBOARD, STOP! PLEASE!!" At the end of Kier's sentence was a small voice crack.