Don't know how much I love you

Modern AU, PROBABLY REALLY OOC

Alhaitham's POV:

It's almost nighttime, and Kaveh and I were getting ready for bed. I was brushing my teeth and Kaveh stood behind me, looking in the mirror.

"Alhaitham. Are you going to the Akademyia tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Nothing. I'm going to bed."

Kaveh left, walking towards his room. I looked at him with an odd expression, then washed my face and left as well.

Kaveh's POV:

So, I kind of like Alhaitham? I don't know. I just get this funny feeling when he's around. I realllly don't wanna tell him, though. I've only ever told Tighnari. He and Cyno are dating, so I tell him everything about my love life. Which is no love life. I don't think Alhaitham would ever share my feelings. Does he even have emotions? All he ever does is read. There's no way. I took out my phone to text Tighnari.

You:
TIGHNARI

Zesty bestie:
Kaveh what is it? I'm busy.

You:
busy with cyno huh?

Zesty bestie:
KAVEH STOP.
What do you want?

You:
i think i like alhaitham

Zesty bestie:
I KNOW THAT KAVEH. IS THIS WHY YOU'RE BOTHERING ME??

You:
well no but he probably doesn't like me

Zesty bestie:
Have you seen how he acts around you?

You:
yeah he acts like im a monstrosity to teyvat

Zesty bestie:
That's obviously not what I meant Kaveh.

You:
well what did you mean? you think he likes me?

Zesty bestie:
Yes. What else would I mean? He drinks rain water? Obviously not. Use your head Kaveh.

You:
okay okay i get it ty

Zesty bestie:
I can go now right?

You:
yeah. gn
Read 10:37pm.

I put down my phone and sighed. There's no way. He definitely hates me. If he's even close to liking me, then obviously we've got the wrong person. Maybe in another lifetime. I'm just going to go to sleep.

-Time skip-

I woke up to the bright sun shining through the window. I sat up abruptly to check the time, and it was around 9. Looks like Alhaitham will be gone pretty soon. I left my room to check if he was gone, but no. He was reading a book on the couch. 

Alhaitham's POV:

As I read my book, I heard Kaveh walk towards me. I smiled softly, using my hand to cover it. I've liked him for a long time. The only person who I've told is Tighnari. He and Cyno are dating, so maybe I can get some advice from him. I'll probably drop by at their house before I go to the Akademyia. I'll just have to leave a bit early, that's all. I really don't think Kaveh likes me back. We argue every time we talk to one another, so obviously I'm the last person he'd go to.

I got up and stood next to the couch, not looking at him. I put my book down then spoke.

"I'm leaving." I said, walking past him.

-Time skip-

Once I got to the forest, I saw the Tighnari say a couple words to somebody else before turning and spotting me. He walked up to me, then he spoke.

"Hello, Alhaitham. Anything you need? Is it about Kaveh?"

"Uhmm, yeah. can we go inside?"

"Sure, but aren't you supposed to be in the Akademyia or something?"

"Yeah, but not until later." I said as the two of us went inside.

"So, what happened with Kaveh?"

"Well, I kind of want to confess to him, but I don't think he likes me back."

"You two are insufferable."

"Huh? What'd you say?"

"Oh it's nothing. It's fine. But if you really want to confess, go for it. What's the worst that could happen?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe he'll hate me for it and lock himself up in his room?"

"But, that isn't very likely. So go ahead."

"Wait, isn't very likely? What do you mean? How would you even know that?"

"Oh. No reason. Don't you have to get to work?"

"Oh, yeah. Thank you, Tighnari."

"Any time. See you next time."

"See ya."

I walked out of his home in a confused manner. Should I confess? What if he doesn't like me back? I don't want to risk anything, but I'll do it. I went to the Akademyia to do my work.

Kaveh's POV:

I was left alone in the house when Alhaitham left. Why did he leave so early? Ugh, this is all so confusing. I went into my room again to try and think of something to do while I wait for him. Should I confess today? Honestly, rejection wouldn't be so bad in the moment, but wouldn't it be awkward talking to the guy that I somehow love, after he rejects me without a second thought? I figured I'd bake something while waiting for him.

I went into the kitchen, looking at ingredients we had, so I'd know what to make. Cookies? Sure. I got out a mixing bowl, a whisk, and a few measuring cups. Then, I got out ingredients and preheated the oven. I mixed the ingredients together and added the chocolate chips. Then i shaped them and let them bake. I think I have to wait like 10 minutes, so I'll set a timer.

Alhaitham's POV:

I made my way back home, fidgeting with my keys before swinging the door open. I was greeted with a sweet smelling aroma. Was Kaveh baking something? I walked in to see Kaveh pull a tray out of the oven. Cookies? I never knew he could bake. I stood at the counter, watching him put the tray down.

"Kaveh? You can bake?"

"AHHH! PLEASE DON"T HURT M- Oh! It's you. Yeah, I can bake, kind of. Why?"

"No reason. I just didn't expect it."

"Are you trying to start an argument?"

"No, of course not. I'm just saying."

"Are you seriously saying that as if we don't always argue?"

"Hm. Did you hear anybody else say it?"

"Obviously not! Ugh. You know exactly what I meant."

"Yeah yeah, whatever."

I turned towards my room, not looking back. Should I really confess to him? What if he just laughs at me? I can't have that happening. I changed my clothes, sitting on the bed and contemplating my decisions. Okay. I'm doing it. I pushed my door open and approached Kaveh.

"Uh, Kaveh, I have to tell you something."

"Yeah? Go ahead."

"I uhm, like you?"

"You what?"

"I like you. A lot."

"Really? You don't hate me anymore?"

"Well I've never hated you. Why do you think I'd let you stay here If I did?"

"Oh. Well, I like you too."

"You do? Can you be my, uh, boyfriend?

"Of course! I love you."

"I love you too, Kaveh."

"Want some cookies?"

"How could I ever say no?"

THATS IT GUYS (im so normal abt them) THIS CHAPTER WAS KINDA BAD BUT WHATEVER. I'll make part 2 tomorrow btw