Winner.

modern AU, kinda angsty but you'll live.

It was late afternoon, and some shocking news had just come up. The well known blond architect, none other than Kaveh, had just received news about winning the LOTTERY. Of course, he was stunned. "Whaaaatttt." He managed to mutter. Before he could think, he ran into the room of his roommate. Now, if he were thinking, he'd know that the other wouldn't be so happy to see him barge in, but again, he wasn't thinking. "Alhaitham!" He yelled, opening the tall door in the process. Alhaitham looked up from his book with an unamused expression. "What is it? And stop yelling, I'm trying to read." He responded. "But wait! You wouldn't believe what just happened!" Alhaitham brought a hand up to his forehead. "Hm, maybe I will if you just tell me what it is?" He answered, looking up when the last three words left his mouth. "I won the lottery! That means I can finally move out of your place! Aren't you glad?" Kaveh announced. The other put his book down, letting a short breath escape his mouth. His face was full of worry, and Kaveh definitely noticed. "What is it? You think I'm joking?" Alhaitham shook his head slightly. "No, I uh believe you. Ahem, how much did you win?" Kaveh's face lit up again. "Oh! Like 5 million mora! Isn't that great?" Alhaitham's face dropped even more, if that were possible. "Oh. That's great."
"Are you okay?" Kaveh questioned. "Yes. You can go now." Kaveh nodded, walking out the door and closing it behind him.

Alhaitham's POV

Kaveh's leaving? Wow. I just, I can't believe our time together has run out. Everything we've been through. The arguing, the laughter, the teasing, the one time I came close to confessing my love for him..? All of it is ending. All of it is nearing it's finish line without a break. Should I.. buy him a gift? No, he already has money. Maybe, I could write him a letter. Nah, too sentimental. But then what do I do? Now that he's leaving, it feels like I don't know him at all anymore. I felt my arms wrap around my legs, hugging them in a position I thought I'd only ever see Kaveh in. I felt tears slowly trickle down my cheeks as I thought of all the things that'll happen when Kaveh leaves. Usually I'm not like this, but maybe it's losing someone I care about that's making the thoughts run through my head.

Not realizing how much time had passed, I sat there still, crying and trying to think of a way to make him stay. I heard a knock on my door. It was quiet, almost quiet enough for me not to hear it. But I did, then I heard a voice. "Haitham? You've been in there for an hour and a half. You okay? I hear sniffling." I did not respond. I can't let him hear me like this, let alone see me. If I tell him to go away, it might make him think I wanna argue with him. But if I let him in, he'll feel like he has to comfort me. It's just the way he thinks. "Alhaitham, I'm coming in." Shit. What do I do when he sees me like this? I'll pretend I'm asleep.

Kaveh's POV

I walked into the scribe's room, seeing him asleep in a really awkward position. I mean it didn't look like he was asleep, so maybe he's pretending. "Alhaitham, I know you're awake." I tapped his shoulder. He shuffled a bit, and I saw his eyes flutter open. They were almost red, also very glossy and teary. "Woah, you alright?" He nodded slightly. "You sure? It doesn't really seem like you are." H e brought up a hand and wiped his face. "Alhaitham, I'm worried. You never look this sad. What happened?" I felt movement as he got up. "Fine. I'll tell you. It's just, I really don't want you to go." Alhaitham replied, his voice shaky and raspy. "That's what this is about? Why didn't you just tell me? I can stay if you really want me to." I told him, resting a hand on his shoulder. "Really? You don't have to if you don't want to, I mean- " I cut him off, wrapping my arms around him. "It's okay. I'll stay. Even if I decided to go, I'd miss you more that you would me." I felt his tears wet my shirt, but I didn't mind. 

THAT'S ALL MY LOVIESS
i finally wrote the next oneshot
have a great day/night!!