A day in the life.

Kaveh

  Usually, Alhaitham wakes up when I do. He's a light sleeper. But today, he's sleeping in, arms wrapped around my waist. It's as if he doesn't want me to get up and leave. Not like I was going to, but it's almost eleven o'clock and I woke up almost two hours ago. I smile to myself at his behavior. Whenever he does this, it seems like he isn't actually sleeping. 
  He stirs before looking up at me, eyes tired.
  "Good... morning Kaveh," he mumbles.
  "Oh, you're awake. Good morning, how was your sleep?"
  He nods before responding, "Good. How was yours?"
  "I slept quite well. You know, I could've been ready and out of bed by now, but you've had your arms around me since I woke up."
  His face flushes. "Really?"
  "Yes, really. But no worries, I'm not upset."
  "Sorry about that, I didn't realize it."
  "I just said that I wasn't upset! Anyways, let's get up now. It's probably around eleven fifteen by now."
  "Really? I didn't realize I'd slept that long."
  "It's fine, you needed the rest."

Alhaitham

 After we'd finished getting ready and all, we decided to sort through the books in the study. We, as in Kaveh. He's always telling me about how messy it was. That I needed to clean it up. Sure, it gets annoying, but the nagging shows that he cares. 
  "Hey, Haitham?"
  "Yes, Kaveh?"
  "Look at this photograph. Do you remember when we used to take these?"
  "Yes.. it was prior to the argument we had, no?"
  Kaveh and I used to take a bunch of photos like this. This one in particular, for instance, was taken a few weeks after we met. 

Flashback

  "Alhaitham! There you are! I was looking for you. Can we take a picture? We both passed that big exam, and I thought we should take a picture to remember the day!"
  I looked at him with a confused look.
  "Please..?" He begged.
  "Alright. Do you have a Kamera on you?"
  "Right here," he pulled out his Kamera, "Smile!"
  The sound of the Kamera shutter echoed as we smiled.

End of flashback

  "Alhaitham? You in there?"
  "Oh- I, sorry. I sorta zoned out just then. What did you say?"
  "I said, 'Let's go make lunch, it's almost one in the afternoon'."
  "Ah, alright."

Kaveh

  After we ate, I told Alhaitham to come with me to the store to buy some groceries. 
  "What do we need to get?"
  "Eggs, bread, tomatoes, and rice."
  "Let's be on our way then."

  Walking through the streets of Sumeru, there's no way not to run into anything you like or anyone you know. In this case, Alhaitham and I bumped into two good friends. 
  "Tighnari! Oh, and Cyno," I say, greeting the pair standing before us.
  "Wow. What did I do to deserve an 'Oh, and Cyno'?" Cyno asks me.
  "Now, Cyno. I'm not babysitting you here, so calm down," Tighnari tells him, his face an exasperated expression. 
  I laugh. "No hard feelings, Cyno. You're both equally cool."
  "You're only saying that to make me feel better. You don't mean it."
  Tighnari glances at Alhaitham, who hasn't said a thing the entire time we've been talking.       "Alhaitham? What's up with you? I mean I wouldn't say you're a big talker, but you'd have at least said something by now."
  "Oh? No, don't mind me. I'm just.. listening."
  "It suits you well, don't you think? You normally have plenty of condescending words to say," I tease. 
  "Well, only to the right person, of course."
  "If the shoe fits, wear it."
  He shoots me a look. "Anyways, how have you two been doing? How's Collei?"
  "Collei is doing quite well, thank you," Tighnari assured. 
  "And may I ask what brought you to the city, Tighnari?"
  "Cyno was showing me a new card back that he got. Nothing special."
  "Yes, it's limited edition."
  "Wow, that's great," Alhaitham says with almost no emotion. 
  "Uhh.. It's.. getting late! We should go," I say, and I'm dragging Alhaitham toward the nearest street vendor. 

Alhaitham

  Thank the archons. I couldn't stand there a second longer. Talking about random TCG cards is not my cup of tea. I'm pretty sure Kaveh knew that. Anyways, we're walking toward the street vendor, and Kaveh's telling me all about a client that really annoyed him. If I were him, I'd be even more annoyed. But he still puts up with it. It's impressive, really. 

  When we were finished with all our grocery shopping, Kaveh and I began to head home. It was pretty late by then, almost five in the evening. Then we got home and started making dinner. Kaveh insisted he make food, but he always does, so I said I'd do it. 
  "Okay, call if you need anything," he had told me. 
  Now that the food is done, Kaveh and I are sitting at the dining table and eating our meals. I always hate eating dinner with other people, the silence is always so loud and it's always awkward. All you can ever hear is chewing and the sound of cutlery. 
  "So," Kaveh began.
  "So..?"
  "How... was your day?"
  "It went quite well, what about yours?"
  "Good. It was good."
  Now it's quiet again. We both have nothing to say, seeing as today has been a normal and dull day. If I had done those errands alone, you'd say that my life were boring. The only reason I haven't been complaining about boredom today was because of Kaveh. 

THATS ALL MY LOVIESSS
Bye everybody and have a great day/night!!