In denial.

Kaveh

  "Don't give me that look, Alhaitham."
  "I'm not trying to be rude, Kaveh, but you have to stop overworking yourself. It's not good for your health."
  "Well, I'm fine. It's fine. It's always fine, and—"
  "Kaveh. Even if you insist on working this much, you need to know when it's time to take a break."
  I pause, thinking over his words for a minute. It almost sounded like... like he cares about me. 
  "Kaveh, I know that you know I care for you, so why not hear me out?"
  I stare at him blankly. "I..."
  "I know you may not see me the same way, but you're my best friend. You're one of the only people whose presence I look forward to. So please, let me care for you."
  "Alhaitham... I... don't know if... if you're only saying this because you want me to feel better, but I'll have you know that I really appreciate it."
  "No, I mean it. I don't like to tell people things this sensitive to 'spare their emotions'. It's not my style."
  "So you mean it? You really see me as your best friend?"
  "Yes Kaveh, I do."
  I pause once more. He sees me as his best friend? After all I've put him through? "So you do care.."
  "I do. So please, protect yourself and your health. Take a break for once, please. "If not for yourself, then for me."
  "Okay," I smile, "I'll do it for you. Only for you."
  "Thank you, Kaveh," he tells me.
  "You're welcome," I nod.