Betrayed

Aubrey's Pov
"What did you just say?" Even though I was talking to Namjoon, my eyes didn't leave Heeseung's. I wanted to see his reaction, and when he looked at me and I knew what he did. My heart shattered. I couldn't believe what I just heard. It wasn't true, it can't be true. Every single part of me wanted to fall to the ground and cry, but I didn't. I was angry. I tried everything I could to stay calm but nothing worked. I closed my eyes trying so hard to calm down but it didn't work. When I opened my eyes I saw red. I felt like a robot in search of my target and when I met his gaze, I knew what I had to do. Eliminate Lee Heeseung!

I dropped my bag and rushed over to him, punching the absolute crap out of him. It is wasn't for one of the police officers stopping me I would've continued. "Why Heeseung?! Why did you kill my best friend?! I found comfort in you! I cried in your arms and you were the one that killed her! Why?!" He wiped the blood from his mouth and stared at me with teary eyes. "I'm so sorry angel girl."

I managed to get out of the officers grip to punch Heeseung again, only to be held down by Jungwon this time. "You're sorry? Oh okay, well let's wait for your sorry to bring Lia back. Oh right, it won't! I HATE YOU LEE HEESEUNG!" He was crying now and he reached for my hand. I yanked it from him and he cried harder. "Pretty, you don't mean that. You love me and I love you. That's why I did what I did. You can hit me all you want I'll take it, but please don't hate me. I can't live with myself knowing that you hate me."

I chuckled and I poked my cheek with my tongue. "You can't live knowing that I hate you and find you absolutely disgusting but you can in fact live with knowing that you killed my best friend in the whole world. I trusted you, I loved you. I turned my back on my mom, on Jungwon, and he was literally the best thing that has ever happened to me. I hate you, I hate you Heeseung. Take him away Namjoon, sir." I turned to Jungwon and all I could do was cry.

"Won, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Wonnie, please forgive me. I'm so so sorry Jungwon, I didn't know, I swear." He nodded and pulled me into his arms. "Shh, it's okay baby. You were manipulated multiple times. I forgive you baby, but then again I should've never been mad in the first place. I'm the one who's sorry baby." I was about to speak when Heeseung called my name. "Aubrey, angel girl listen to me, I love you. Everything I did, I did it because I love you and you love me. I know you love me please pretty, don't do this."

I looked at Namjoon once again, "Please sir, take him away. Get him away from me." Namjoon nodded and he put the handcuffs on Heeseung. "Let's go guys." They started dragging Heeseung away but all he could do was tell my name. I hid my face in Jungwon's chest and he rubbed my back. "Wonnie?" "Yes baby?" I sniffed and looked up at him. "Take me home." "Ok, let's go." He grabbed the bag that I totally forgot about, and we headed to his car.

On the ride home I keep apologizing, because I felt so guilty and stupid. How come I didn't see it? Any of it. It was right in my face the whole entire time, I've just been too blind to see. "Wonnie?" We stop at a red light and he looks at me. "I know you're about to apologize but I'm going to stop you. Stop apologizing baby, it's not your fault. You had no idea and the second you found out, you kick his butt. Which was my favorite part by the way, but seriously babe, stop apologizing."

We were in the driveway and as I was getting out of the car, my footsteps were heavy. I don't even know if I can face my mom. I opened the door and with a weak voice I called her. "Mama?" Surprisingly, she heard me and poked her head out of the kitchen. "Yes baby?" I grabbed her hand and pulled her to the living room. Jungwon mentioned for Hyungseok to come also. When we were all seated, I couldn't hold it in anymore. I started crying hard.

"Sweetheart, what's the matter?" "I'm sorry mama, I'm so sorry." I knew she was confused but she waited for me to calm down. "You were right, you and Jungwon, and I didn't believe you guys. Heeseung betrayed me and I betrayed you both. I'm sorry. I should've listened to you guys." She took my face into her hands. "Sweetie, it's okay. You didn't betray us, don't even think like that. It's not true. You were manipulated and blinded by love."

I scoffed, "It wasn't love. It never was love. I thought it was, but I was wrong. He's a psychopath. An obsessive one but it's over now. I'm done with him and I never want to see him again." A few seconds went by and it was silent. Something occurred to me and I turned to Hyungseok. "Oh I'm so sorry Hyungseok. That's your son, and you must be devastated. I'm sorry." To my surprise, he didn't look sad. He waved his hand at me to dismiss what I just said.

"I was sad at first, but I started looking back on the days, where his behavior was a little questionable, and then the realization hit me. It was also in front of my face this entire time, but since he's my son, I refused to believe it. If I would've known or seen it, before I wouldn't have brought him into your lives, and maybe your friend would still be alive."

My mom reacted before I did. "No, babe do not say that. This is not your fault and it's not Aubrey's fault. So don't blame yourselves. This. All of this was Heeseung's doing, and he's going to pay for his actions. Now, let's stop talking about him. Jungwon and Aubrey go wash up for dinner, and then we'll have a movie night to clear our minds.

After dinner, we were having a debate on what genre of the movie we should watch. I grabbed the remote laughing at my mom who was against horror movies. I turned on the TV and the news came on. "This is Jung Hoseok from Channel 87 News, and we are currently outside of California State Prison. We are here today to inform you that we've caught the person who murdered Malia Wilson. He name is Lee Heeseung and he is sentenced to five years in prison. To Malia's family I'm truly sorry."

My mom snatched the remote out of my hands. "Good riddance, now let's watch a comedy movie." We looked at her in shock, "What? You already know that I didn't like him and he betrayed my daughter and killed my daughter's friend. So yes, I'm very happy about him being locked up if that's what you guys are thinking." We all started laughing and got cosy on the couch to watch the movie.