Forty Eight

Surprise Surprise!!

I know you love this book so much and cursed me a lot🫣

But here I am... Because I love you all 🥺

________

The sound of footsteps echoed in the silent corridor as a man walked anxiously towards his destination. The bouquet of red roses in his hand caught the attention of others around him but he didn't care. The black jeans with black t-shirt and jacket paired with black timberlands and black goggles made heads turn.

Nothing new.

It was usual.

But the lines of worry and furrowed burrows on that handsome face screamed a different story. The slack jaw and black eyes trained ahead had a totally different story to tell.

Walking through the white, spotless corridors, his gaze fell on a familiar face. He tensed up a little but kept a straight face as he removed his goggles to reveal slightly red, tired eyes.

''How's he?''

''He is still critical.'' Jimin replied worried.

''What do the doctors say?''

''They have kept him under observation. Says it will be better if he gains consciousness soon.'' The other man replied in a weak voice.

''Why the fuck no one told me that he is scared of heights?'' The man in black asked through gritted teeth making Jimin look at him pointedly.

''Keep your tone down!''

''Or else?''

''Jungkook.... This is not the time for your bullshit!'' Jimin hissed equally frustrated.

''I don't wanna argue with you, Jimin... I just wanna know why it was kept from me. What if something happened to him?'' The black-haired man asked worriedly.

''He had ordered us to keep it from you. Said you will never work on that plan if you got to know about it.'' Jimin replied looking away in disappointment.

Jungkook inhaled deeply.

He didn't know why Taehyung has to do that. They could have come up with something else which was less dangerous but what could he do right now other than sighing defeatedly.

''Can I see him?'' He asked making Jimin nod slightly.

The black-haired man looked at the door to which Jimin had pointed with his eyes. With his heart thudding against his chest, he gulped down his tears and blinked his eyes to clear his vision.

Hesitantly walking towards the door, he pushed it open. Silently walking inside, he closed the door behind himself and turned to look at the fragile body of the queen lying on the ventilator. The lights on the support system blinked and the monitor displayed the pulse, bp and other vitals.

Lying in the dimly lit ICU wearing that green hospital gown, Kim Taehyung still managed to steal Jungkook's breathe. He still looked as ethereal as ever even with the tubes connected to his body and various healing cuts on his face.

Jungkook kept standing in his steps for a moment. Silently observing the queen's fragile body, his eyes teared up. It was so hard to stay away from Taehyung and living in uncertainty especially after he came to know that the queen was scared of heights.

He refrained calling anyone from the Black Mafia gang to know about Taehyung's wellbeing as the police may be tapping his phone calls after they witnessed his confession on the cliff. One week had felt like a century for him. He was just waiting for the case to be over.

Blinking his eyes rapidly, he looked away for a moment before looking back at the queen.

He walked over to Taehyung. Placing the roses on the table beside the bed, he looked at the love of his life. Taehyung looked so pale and lifeless.

Jungkook felt an ache in his heart.

His eyes moved from Taehyung's face to his hand. The cannula in his hand looked painful. The black-haired boy looked back at Taehyung. Bending down, he hesitantly cupped the queen's face, too scared that he would end up hurting the brown eyed male.

''I am sorry, love.'' He whispered taking in Taehyung's appearance.

Bending down slowly, he placed a lingering kiss on the queen's forehead and a tear rolled down his eyes.

He wanted to protect Taehyung with his life yet the blonde lay there, in unconscious state, the queen himself who was the epitome of power and life.

The black-haired man didn't know he was holding so many emotions within himself that it made it hard for Jungkook to form words at the moment. He pulled back after resting his forehead against Taehyung's for a moment.

''I am never leaving you alone again, Tae.'' He scolded the mafia queen.

''.... I don't know why you always have to pull such stunts....'' He continued. ''...W-What if something has happened to you? You d-didn't think about me even once...Did you?''

The silence of the ICU exposed his silent cries and Jungkook wiped his tears.

He didn't know when he became that emotional. He was a person who liked to keep his feelings and emotions to himself then what happened that changed him into a man he was now?

He was scared.

He was angry.

He has started wording out his feelings.

He sat on the stool and held Taehyung's hand in both of his own hand. Placing a kiss at the back of it, he pressed it against his cheek as he sat there looking at an unconscious Taehyung.

''You promised me that you will be fine, Tae.....'' He complained remembering the night it all started.

FLASHBACK!!

''We are going somewhere.....''

''....please don't ask me any questions.'' Taehyung had seen the urgency, the fear and desperation in those black eyes, maybe that's why he got ready to go with Jungkook that night and the black-haired man couldn't be more thankful.

Jungkook drove him into the forests at the outskirts of the city in the darkness of the night making sure no one could trace down him or the mafia queen. He had informed the police headquarters that all of queen's men has left, and the queen was alone now.

''Where are we going, Jeon?'' The mafia queen had asked confusedly.

''I wanna tell you something....'' There was something in that wavering voice of Jungkook that had made the queen vulnerable for a moment before he got a grip on himself.

''What?''

''Everything you already know.......'' There was a pause.

''......and everything you don't know.''

____________

Oooppsss!! It took three sixty... Didn't it??

What do you think is JK gonna tell Taehyung?? C'mon... You can guess it.... Have read so many fics🤧

Don't forget to leave votes and comments. You were all over the place requesting me to publish it here, now when i am... Show some enthusiasm 🤨😁