7

Brandy and Scarlett went under the net and took positions in front of the 10-foot line so they could catch the ball and pass it to Walker when I hit it.

I set myself up, I killed the ball, Brandy caught it, Scarlett passed it to Walker.

We repeated this process tons of times before we moved on. Scarlett and Brandy insisted I practice covering the court, even though I'd have them and Walker playing with me.

Finally, the clock went off and practice time was over.

"Alright Delphi, call it." Coach Mike ordered.

"Heads." I replied.

He flipped the coin, "Heads it is."

"Let her serve first. It won't matter." I tell them and walk back to my position as outside hitter.

"Let's go!" Heather and Mike called as they tossed the ball to Jenna.

She served the ball, hitting it straight to Scarlett who immediately got the receive and bumped it up. Brandy ran in and set it to me and I ran it out and spiked it down.

James quickly dived for the ball, hitting it straight up. Lily ran forward and set the ball over the net, but Walker and I jumped up and blocked it, scoring the first point.

"Yeah!" Brandy cheered and high fived me, Scarlett and Walker.

"Scarlett, great job on that receive." I praised. "Alright, I'm serving so Brandy move to front row and stay toward the right side. Walker you're still on left and Scarlett stays in back row."

"Got it." Scarlett nods.

"Why aren't you assistant coach at this point god damn." Walker laughed.

"Point, Delphi. Delphi's serve!" Heather called out.

Mike passed me the ball and I went to back row. I got ready for the whistle and the rest of the volleyball club started chanting for us.

"S-s-ide-ide-out, sideout!" They stomped twice. "Delphi, Delphi, sideout." They stomped twice again. "Sideout right now!" They shouted.

I served the ball and hit it right in the middle of the court, where Jenna had nobody covering.

"Awww ace!" Me, Brandy, Scarlett and the rest of the players shouted, jumping simultaneously.

"2-0, Delphi's ball!" Mike calls, passing me the ball again.

"Go easy on em." Brandy winks.

I adjust my stance to serve underhand and swing, hitting it over the net and straight to Brett on the other side.

He bumped it up and James ran in, setting it up so Lily could spike it down.

Walker got to the ball and bumped it up, allowing Brandy to set it and me to spike it.

I hit it to the back, straight to Jenna, who bumped it up to Brett, who then set it over the net.

I ran up and spiked the ball to James, who bumped it out of the court. Jenna made a full sprint to try and save the ball, diving and missing it.

"Point Delphi, 3-0." Heather calls. "Delphi serve."

I nodded and overhand served the ball, sending it straight for Jenna.

She hit the receive and bumped it to Brett, who set James up for the kill. James jumped up and spiked it to Scarlett, who was too far back and ended up hitting the ball into the net.

"Point Jenna, 3-1!" Mike called out.

"I'm sorry Delph." Scarlett apologies. "That was all my fault."

"Scar, you're fine. It's just one point, we'll get the ball back." I reassure her.

Jenna served the ball at me and I bumped it up, passing it to Scarlett. She bumped the ball up to Walker, who expertly jumped up and spiked the ball down to Lily.

She fumbled and wasn't paying attention, resulting in her missing the ball completely. James and Brett both dived at her feet, trying to save the ball but failed.

"Point Delphi, 4-1." Heather called out proudly.

"Reeses puffs, reeses puffs, eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up." The players cheered our game point chant.

"Give them a good rally." I tell my team before I serve the ball.

James gets to it first and bumps it straight over the net to Walker, who passes it to Brandy. She sets the ball right up to the net and Walker runs forward, acting like he's gonna spike it, when he tips it over.

Lily however is ready for it and bumps the ball as it falls to Jenna, who sets it back to James. James gets it back over the net with a jump set, sending it all the way back to Scarlett.

Scarlett dives for the low-falling ball and bumps it backwards to me. I set it forward to Brandy, who jumps up and spiked it down.

Brett gets the receive and passes the ball to Lily, who sets it back to Brett, who spikes it down at Walker.

Walker bumps the ball back up to Brandy, who copies Lily's move and sets it back to Walker, who then spikes it back to Jenna.

Taken off guard, Jenna is forced to dive for the ball, resulting in her bumping it low. James runs over and dives over Jenna's body, bumping it wildly to Brett as he falls on top of Jenna.

Brett sets the ball over the net with their last hit and Brandy sets it backwards to me. I set it to Scarlett, who takes a risk by spiking it from the back row.

It pays off though, because none of Jenna's team expected her to make it over and none of them were where the ball was headed, meaning it hit the floor.

"Game point, Delphi!" Mike cheers.

"Delphi, Walker, Brandy and Scarlett win!" Heather adds.

"Resses puffs, resses puffs. Ate em up, ate em up, ate em up!" The players cheer and rush the court.

With there being about 40 of them, they have no trouble lifting all four of us onto their shoulders and carrying us around.

Walker grabs onto my arm when he nearly falls and we laugh. We laugh at everyone around us, we laugh at everything happening around us, but most of all, we laugh at each other.

A/N:

I'm sorry if any of you didn't understand what was happening in the game. I realize that some of you may have never played volleyball before, so sorry.

Other than that, I had a lot of fun writing this chapter. I used some of my previous volleyball games and some of my favorite chants for it, so it was a lot of fun remembering these things.

Don't forget to vote and comment on this chapter! Luv ya pooks.