36

We got home, my dad practically kidnapping Walker, and my dad called Shawn.

"What the hell Shawn?" He shouts into the phone, anger prominent in his tone.

"Relax, Ryan." Shawn says sternly. "First of all, it was just a kiss. They only kissed once, they did it perfectly in one take."

"It doesn't matter! You know how I feel about these two and you had them do it anyways!" My dad argues.

Walker and I sat on the couch, looking guilty as my dad screamed at Shawn. It's not fair to Shawn anyways, he just had an idea. We were the ones who agreed to do it.

"Dad calm down." I say as he shouts at Shawn again.

"Don't tell me to calm down Delphi! This is not about you!" He shouts at me, making me flinch.

He never yells at me.

"Then who's it about Ryan! It was us who kissed, why are you yelling at Shawn? He asked us about it and we agreed!" Walker shouts, placing a hand on my shoulder as he turns around on the couch to face my dad.

"Oh, so it's your fault?" My dad laughs angrily. "Why Walker? You knew how I felt about you two dating AND I even talked to you about it and yet you still agreed?"

"We're not dating!" I shout at him, angry tears welling in my eyes. "And I'm the one who agreed, not Walker! Don't yell at either one of them!"

"Go to your room." My dad shouts at me.

"Gladly! Anything to be away from you." I shout back, climbing the stairs as fast as I could.

As I reach the top of the landing, the angry tears that had been pooling in my eyes started trailing down my face, making me more mad.

I reach my room and slam the door, locking it for good measure before sitting on my bed, defeated.

I fought to see through the tears as I I strapped my heels and put them next to my door.

I heard more yelling from downstairs, mostly my dad. I cracked open my door to listen to what he was saying, sitting on my knees beside it.

"You should've told her no, Walker!"

"She wanted to do it too! You know how hard it is to change Del's mind!"

"No shit! I taught her to stand her ground, but I never thought that it'd come to this!"

"Come to what exactly, Ryan?"

"Go home, Walker. You're not allowed to see her. For a long time."

"You can't do that!"

"She's my daughter, of course I can!"

"And she's my best friend! I need her and she needs me! Please, Ryan, don't do this!"

"I'm not changing my mind, kid."

I started crying harder, tears of sadness flooding down my cheeks at the thought of not being able to see Walker anymore.

Of course, in the back of my mind I knew that it'd never last. Mo or Aryan or Kenna or even Leena would find a way for us to be around each other.

I heard heavy footsteps running up the stairs and several knocks on my door.

I quickly pushed it the rest of the way opened and was greeted by Walker, who was crying too.

He dropped to the floor beside be and wrapped his arms around me, placing his head on top of mine as I wrapped my arms around him.