53

Outfit:

When we arrived at the venue for the lunch, I noticed 2 things

1. I was the first person on my team to arrive, no coaches, no teammates.

2. Almost the entire red team was already here, filling up the bright red chairs on the right side of the table set up.

I picked up my name tag from the front desk, taking it with me back into the other room. It read:

Delphi Reynolds
MDV Volleyball

I sat down at the first black chair I saw, not completely registering that there was a red chair on my right until Brady sat beside me.

"Hey." He said, looking over at me as he set his hands on the table.

"Oh, hey Brady." I answer awkwardly, my hands stuffed in the pockets of Walker's hoodie.

"This is awkward, isn't it?" He chuckled nervously.

"Just like...a lot." I tell him truthfully.

"Hey, we need a mic test." One of the event organizers, Jimmy, says in his Scottish accent.

"Oh, shit. Uh, Delphi, come here! Bring your friend!" The other organizers, Deacon, says, waving me over.

Deacon has been organizing this event since I started volleyball, so he knows who I am and we talk in his free time.

I stood up, putting my name tag on the table in front of my chair and brought Brady with me up to Deacon.

"Deacon, Brady, Brady, Deacon." I quickly introduce as we stand in front of Deacon. "What's up, Deac?"

"Could ya guys test these mics?" Deacon asks, holding the mics out to us. "We have to finish setting this stuff up."

"We got you dude." Brady grins, grabbing one of the mics and holding the other out to me. "Come on Reynolds, don't be lame."

"I am not lame!" I say, smacking him with the mic before jumping up onto the stage.

Brady follows me up with a grin and turns on his mic. "Testing, testing. Beep bop I hop chip chop click clock."