Talk With The Toughest Student

When getting to gym class, inside the somewhat fixed gym building, with a new floor, Y/N sees Ted lifting up Kirby from his wheelchair.

"Is everything alright?"

Ted looks back at Y/N while holding his classmate. "Yeah, it's a bit annoying with the stairs."

Y/N doesn't really know what he's talking about, but he looks to his left to see the stairs that leads down. Seeing that, he realizes how much of the school isn't wheelchair friendly. "Oh."

"Ted is helping me to get around." Kirby adds.

"From the start?"

"Yes."

"I should tell Crabblesnitch about this." Y/N mutters. Maybe if they raise more than the goal of the fundraiser, they could improve the school by making it wheelchair friendly. Not necessarily for Kirby, but for any people who are in a wheelchair. "Let me help. I get the wheelchair."

Ted looks grateful. "That would be nice, man."

After helping Ted and Kirby, gym class is about to start, so Y/N and his classmates change into their workout outfit and go to the class, where Ms. Philips is awaiting them, though not everyone is currently there. While waiting, the students chat to each other.

"I don't want to be that person, but can you do anything during PE?" Y/N asks Kirby. He knows Kirby doesn't like to be treated differently just because of his wheelchair.

"Not everything, but enough." Kirby replies. "Unless there is something my legs needs to do like climbing, my chair can make up for it."

Trent joins the two while looking slightly nervous. "Hey."

"Hey." Y/N and Kirby replies. "What's up?" Kirby adds.

"Well... first, I want to apologize." Kirby looks slightly worried. "I may have spill the beans about... us."

"What!?" The entire class look at Kirby as he yelled.

"Yeah man!" Y/N quickly thought of something to get everybody's attention away. "You got an A! Cool, huh?" Luckily, the class turn back at their conversations.

Kirby glares at his boyfriend, who wants to calm him down. "Look, only Russell knows, and he won't tell a soul."

"How could this happen? I thought I could trust you." Kirby frowns.

"It was an accident. This wasn't what I wanted." Trent calmly says, though somewhat nervous. "But-"

"But!?" Kirby tries to keep his volume down.

"He wants to meet you." Trent adds. "Just one talk, nothing big. He's just curious about my wellbeing, like a parent."

Kirby sighs. "Do I have to?"

"I'm sure he's kidding about telling other people about it..." Trent gives out a few nervous chuckles. "Probably."

"Fine..." Kirby replies.

"Thanks." Trent gives out a smile of relief. He looks back at Y/N. "Didn't you also want to talk to Russell? How about you join us? Kirby would probably appreciate the support."

Y/N hums. "Sure."

-

Later that day, at the park that is near Russell's house, Y/N, Trent and Kirby meets up with Russell at dawn.

"Why do I feel like he's going to steal my wheelchair?" Kirby looks at Russell who just walks in the park and is heading towards him.

Trent chuckles. "He's not going to do that." He walks to Russell and gives him a high-five. "Hey man."