Chapter 5: Rescue & Punishment

The weight of the mattress shifted suddenly as she felt Eric jump onto the bed beside her. "Amy?" She felt his hands against her face and moaned softly. "Amy! Are you okay? Open your eyes. Look at me, baby."

She opened her eyes just as he pulled out his cell phone, about to dial 911. Her eyes widened as she reached out a hand to his phone. "No...please don't. Doctor, please."

Eric's sparkling blue eyes were wide with astonishment. "Amy," he set his phone down. "Breathe-in and out. Deep breaths." His pressed his fingers to her neck again, gazing down at a very expensive looking silver Rolex watch.

She whimpered and whined, squirming against the mattress and shutting her eyes once more, refusing to look at his hot ass fucking face any longer. If she looked at him, it would only make it harder for her to breathe, and she knew that's what she needed to be focusing on right now.

Breathing. Okay, think of breathing, in and out. No thinking about his gorgeous face, his voice, his scent, his skilled and manly hands, or his sexy dominant presence.

Breathing. Oxygen. Deep breaths.

She put her mind elsewhere as she sucked in and blew out breath after breath. Just as she started to feel a little better, he interrupted with his own breathy voice.

"Good girl. Keep going."

Her core grew tighter and wetter at the sound of his voice, those first two little words in particular. "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Please, shut up!" In the back of her mind, she had a feeling she was going to pay for that rude outburst later, but fuck...he wouldn't stop. His fingers hadn't even left her neck, which only made it worse. Well, least not until her outburst.

Silence filled the room.

The only sound came from the low hum of the air conditioner.

Even with her eyes closed, she could still feel his presence, almost hear the sound of his steady breathing beside her. Maybe she should tell him to leave the room until she calmed down, but she doubted he would. After all, this was his bedroom not hers. Enjoying the silence, she took advantage of it while she could and went back to taking those deep breaths.

Slowly, after a couple minutes, she finally started to relax, her heart rate returning to what could be considered normal.

Thank god.

She opened her eyes, staring directly up at the ceiling instead of Eric's face.

"Amy?" Even as she tried to keep her gaze focused on a spot above her, he didn't seem to want it there. There was nothing she could do to stop him when he took her chin, turning her head in his direction. "How are you feeling?"

Damn him. She couldn't escape those eyes for a minute even if she tried.

"A little better," she murmured, suddenly noticing that in the frenzy of panic, he had rid himself of his suit jacket. "Sir, or Dr. Masters, if you prefer that right now."

His eyes sparkled with a chuckle. "Either one will do and I'm glad to hear it."

Her heart skipped a beat at his smile. It was both refreshing and alluring to behold such a sight, after he had been so somber before all this, barely cracking a genuine smile. She had assumed, from the way he carried himself with such high regard, that the only sort he could muster was a smug one, but now she could see that she had been wrong.

Pressing two of his firm fingers to the inside of her wrist, he stared down at his Rolex.

She whimpered, her heart beating faster, inner muscles clenching, knowing exactly what he was doing. He was checking her pulse, just as any other doctor would. "Doctor, please..."