Chapter 17

"The inseparable trio would finally be reunited again. "

amy

written by: t

Amy was so excited for the ahead of her that she could hardly eat any lunch. She played around with her food, too focused on her upcoming date to eat. She couldn't believe she was getting to spend time with Prince Yeonjun, along with Maddie and Taehyun, all in one group together! The four were all connected in one way or another; so it just made sense to have a large get-together.

A few days prior, Amy had spoken with Prince Yeonjun regarding their first date. She asked if Taehyun and Maddie could come along since they would be staying on the castle grounds. She figured this would be the perfect time for all three of the childhood friends to be reunited. Luckily, Prince Yeonjun was happy to grant her request.

Amy could already envision the happy reunion between Taehyun and Maddie. She had sensed that Taehyun had a crush on Maddie in middle school, when they were last all together; but, nothing was ever able to come of the possible relationship.

She wondered how Taehyun would react when he saw Maddie for the first time in seven years while she pushed food around her plate. Knowing him, he would be in complete shock. She grinned, picturing his surprised face and huge, unblinking eyes.

Amy ran upstairs to her bedroom after the meal and began to get ready for her first official date with the prince. Prince Yeonjun would be arriving at her door in an hour, and she knew she needed to look her absolute best. Amy shuffled through the choices in her closet and pulled out a spring-green colored dress with a dainty floral pattern. The dress was in style for summer and had a romantic feel, perfect for a first date.

"This is it!" she exclaimed aloud, though she was alone. She tied the long straps in a bow at the top of her shoulders, and adjusted the skirt so the slit fell exactly along her right leg. She admired her reflection, and chose a pair of strappy tan sandals to wear with the dress.

Amy pondered over what jewelry would look best with the dress. Not a statement piece, she thought while rummaging through the jewelry provided by the palace. Nothing caught her eye. She shifted her gaze back into her bedroom and saw just what she needed lying on the bedside table. Amy grabbed her great-grandmother's necklace and clasped it around her neck. She thought the simple piece of jewelry went perfectly with the dress.

Amy began to re-do her curls, combing them out into beachy waves. As she touched up her makeup, a knock on the door interrupted her.

"Is he here already?! Damn it," she cursed. She ran to the door, frantically slipping on her sandals. Before answering the door, she grabbed a pair of white tennis shoes, since she was instructed to bring comfortable shoes along to the date. She opened the door to find Cleo, Aurelia, and Faye beaming at her.

"Oh! Thank goodness. I thought you were Prince Yeonjun," Amy said. Her heart was still beating quickly; the girls had given her a good scare.

"We are so sorry, Miss," Faye replied. The girls bowed their heads in apology, smiles melting from their faces.

"It's okay! No need for that," Amy said, shaking her head. "Please come in!" The three girls entered Amy's room, visibly relieved. Aurelia gasped as she brought her eyes up from the floor.

"Miss, your dress! You look so beautiful!"

Amy blushed. "Do you think it looks okay?" she asked, looking for confirmation. She noticed Cleo looking at the tennis shoes in her hand with a questioning look. "The date is outside, that's why I have these," Amy said, holding up the tennis shoes. Faye and Aurelia giggled at the sight of the well-dressed Selected girl holding a pair of shoes that looked out of place with the rest of her ensemble.

"You look great Miss...Amy, I mean." Cleo said, remembering the request to call her Amy. Amy smiled, then motioned for the girls to follow her to the closet.

"Now, what style of bag do I need with this outfit?" she asked.

"What about this one?" Faye said, grabbing a medium-sized, straw, woven tote bag.

"Yes, perfect! That would match the shoes nicely," Amy grinned, placing the tennis shoes into the bag. "Should we wait in the sitting room?" Amy asked the girls. She didn't want to have to run to the door when Yeonjun actually got there. They nodded, and all four made their way to the cozy sitting room near the balcony. They chatted about the Selection, the other Selected girls, and Prince Yeonjun. A sudden knock on the door startled Faye as she was explaining the pattern for a new dress she wanted to design.

"For real this time!" Amy joked. Aurelia gave Amy a thumbs-up, to which she replied with a smile. The maids moved to stand against the wall, out of sight of the prince. Amy grabbed the tote bag, took a deep breath, and opened the door.

Prince Yeonjun greeted her, her eyes lighting up with excitement seeing him in all his glory. He was wearing a white, linen button down that was just a tad bit see through and preppy, navy blue shorts. He was already wearing clean white tennis shoes, making his outfit something Amy had definitely not expected. His outfit resembled that of a schoolboy, but Amy thought he was cute nonetheless. "

Your Highness," Amy greeted him with a curtsy.

"Miss Aberra," he replied with a little bow. "And, you can call me Yeonjun." Amy looked up, catching his eyes. Her heart jumped at the sight of his shining, deep brown eyes. She wasn't expecting him to ask about speaking informally, especially so quickly.

"Absolutely, and please call me Amy," she replied, not expecting him to speak formally to her. Yeonjun smiled, linking his arm through hers. Amy could hardly contain her excitement as she quickly slipped her arm through his. She could feel the warmth of his skin through the thin fabric of his shirt. It took everything in her not to laugh, purely out of excitement. "Thank you for inviting me today," she said.

"Of course," Yeonjun replied.

"And, thank you for letting my friends join. I'm sure this wasn't the sort of date you imagined," she said, blushing.

"It's alright. It wouldn't be a reunion without everyone!" Yeonjun chuckled.

"I am so excited for Maddie and Taehyun to see each other again, we were all such good friends," Amy said, reminiscing on her childhood. The inseparable trio would finally be reunited again. 

Yeonjun and Amy arrived at Maddie's door a short few minutes later. Yeonjun knocked on Maddie's door, and Amy stood a little ways behind him.

Maddie answered the door with a bright smile. "Hello!" she said, seeming to not be phased by Yeonjun at all.

Behind Yeonjun, Amy smiled and mouthed Oh my God!! pointing at him excitedly. Maddie stifled a laugh, and thankfully, Yeonjun didn't notice the girls secretly communicating. Maddie was wearing lavender-colored, short canvas overalls with a light, striped long-sleeved shirt underneath. For shoes, Amy noticed she was wearing the white sneakers she arrived at the palace in. She looked a lot more comfortable than Amy did.

After Yeonjun and Maddie greeted each other, the trio continued to walk to the royal gardens. Maddie linked arms with Yeonjun on his left, and Amy on his right. They laughed and talked about the previous night's dinner.

Neither Amy or Yeonjun said a word about Taehyun, sneaking knowing glances at each other every-so-often. Amy had made Yeonjun promise he would not say a word to anyone about the secret reunion. She had never felt so relaxed while talking with a boy she liked, which was a change she welcomed greatly. Even though she had only spoken to him twice before asking for the favor, Amy knew that something about Yeonjun was different. She held onto his arm tighter, elated, yet nervous for the event ahead.

......