Chapter 28

"I'm beginning to think that I need to be slightly worried about anything when it comes to you, Jess."

jessica

written by: h

Jessica looked in the full length mirror on the back of her bathroom door analyzing her outfit choice; ripped light blue skinny jeans, tan sandals with a small wedge, and a white layered ruffle hem cami tank top. Her long sun bleached blonde hair cascaded down her back in beach waves.

Simple but cute, and it shows off the near permanent tan I've gotten from spending most of my life outside in Sonage, Jessica thought as she turned around to look at the back. The tank top hit about an inch below the waist of her jeans, so it didn't reveal much unless she lifted her arms, which then revealed a bit of her stomach.

I hate to admit it, but my legs and butt look fantastic in these jeans. And the white tank top shows off my tan without bringing too much attention to my wide shoulders. Wait, why am I trying so hard? It's just my first solo date with Yeonjun, not a big deal. It's not even my first date ever, I went on plenty of dates with Soobin and I was never this nervous. Jessica chidded herself in her head as she tried to calm down her nerves.

Because it is a big deal, you know how important this is to the plan. Jessica heard her father's voice respond.

Jessica shook her head a bit to clear her fathers voice from her mind and instead opened the bathroom door to touch up her light makeup. She didn't like heavy makeup, which luckily her maids quickly realized and had made an effort to keep her makeup on the simple side. Jessica had never been great at applying makeup, so while she applied basic daily makeup on her free days, her maids tended to do her makeup whenever she had something on the schedule.

Besides Cat, her three maids had become some of her closest friends here: Maria, Holly, and Rebecca, or Becca for short. They had all been really nice, even when Jessica initially tried to not get too close to them as to not get attached. Getting too close to people was something her dad had always warned against and as a result Jessica had tall walls built in her mind, However, she was in a very new, unfamiliar situation, and the three kind girls managed to get past her walls quickly. Earlier they had helped pick out her outfit and did her hair and makeup but left once they were done; they understood that she needed some alone time to calm her nerves before the prince came to pick her up.

Jessica stepped out of the bathroom and looked at the clock, which read 4:54pm. Yeonjun was picking her up for their date at 5pm, so she was right on time. Jessica debated whether to bring a purse or not, and after a minute of deliberation she grabbed the small black crossbody purse and put in sunglasses, chapstick, hand cream, and some emergency money. Suddenly she heard knocking at her door. She walked over to the door and put on a smile as she opened it, expecting to see the prince but instead saw a bouncing Cat.

"Oh my god what are you doing here? I thought you were Yeonjun." Jessica exclaimed, dragging Cat into her room and shutting the door. Cat laughed her contagious laugh and plopped down on Jessica's bed.

"I'm here to wish you luck before your date! I also wanted to give you some advice since I had a date with him yesterday!" Cat squeaked in excitement. Jessica smiled at her friend's excitement and sat down next to her.

"Thanks! I would love to hear all the details about your date, but he is coming for me in 3 minutes so I will settle for some quick advice now! I'll track you down tomorrow and we can compare notes." Jessica said with a wink. Cat giggled and then scooted in closer as if she were about to share a secret, even though there was no one else in the room.