18. Starting to suspect

At least 6 to 7 months had passed since Haley and Jack were taken to safety and Hotch was doing...better. Whenever Hotch and the team weren't working on an active case, he was doing everything he could to track down Foyet. He would study Foyet's case file and he'd look at everything even remotely related to his case.

Y/N knew that whenever she got these emojis from Hotch - 🚨👀 - it meant that he was upset and/or angry and needed some fresh eyes to look for anything he might've missed.

So, every couple of hours, Y/N would look down at her phone. See the two emojis and make her way up to Hotch's office. She didn't mind. She could spend time with Hotch working on something they were both passionate about - the passion being permanently trapping Foyet in prison.

But, there were others who minded. Rossi, not so much. He knew about Y/N and Hotch, sure. But, he knew neither of them would be stupid enough to show any PDA in a government building filled with security cameras.

It was Emily, Derek, Spencer, JJ and Penelope who minded. Each of them, either at the same time, or different times, noticed Y/N walking up to Hotch's door and not leaving his office. She'd be in there from as little as 20 minutes, to as long as an hour. This raised some questions within the team.

"Okay, someone has to know what the hell is going on with Y/N and Hotch." Derek put his pen down, having watched Y/N go up to Hotch's office for the 2nd time in 4 hours.

"I wish I knew." Emily noted.

"Maybe they're dating?" Penelope suggested.

"No way. Hotch is a stickler for the rules and knows Strauss would definitely not approve! Besides, Y/N doesn't seem to be the type of woman to date older men." Derek scoffed.

"Correction, Derek. We don't know who Y/N might be interested in. For all we know, she could be into men or women, regardless of age." JJ exhaled.

"Let's steer away from the prospect of Hotch and Y/N dating. It's entirely possible that their "meetings" have something to do with Foyet. We all know how close Y/N is with Haley and Jack." Spencer shook his head.

"I say, we make this discovery interesting. There are 2 possibilities. Presented by Penelope Garcia, number 1. Hotch and Y/N are dating. Presented by Spencer Reid, number 2. They're working on finding and apprehending Foyet." Emily exhaled.

"I'm siding with Penelope. For all we know, Y/N and Hotch are dating and they're happy together." JJ smiled.

"I'm siding with Reid. They both know that relationships between Agents is frowned upon, let alone relationships between bosses and employees. I think they're working on a way to capture Foyet." Derek sat near Spencer.

"Emily?" Penelope asked.

"Sorry boys. I'm gonna side with JJ and Garcia. An office romance sounds way more interesting." Emily chuckled.

"Alright then. We each put $10 into this container which will be locked in the bottom drawer of Y/N's desk. Whichever side wins will get all of the money to share equally. May the best team win." Derek spoke as he put the $10 into the container, watching as everyone else did the same.

"You all should be working. Not focusing on Y/N and Hotch, who are behind closed doors." Rosso exhaled.

"You wanna join in Rossi? Derek and Spencer think that Y/N and Hotch are working on finding a way to capture Foyet. Whereas Garcia, JJ and I think that Y/N and Hotch are dating." Emily held up the container, waiting to see if Rossi actually joined in on the bet.

"No thanks. I'd rather not pry into the business of our co-workers." Rossi shook his head, knowing that both sides were correct. Y/N and Hotch were working on the Foyet case, but they were also dating.