48. Should we stay, or should we go? (Epilogue)

3 years is a long time for any person. But for the BAU, their last 3 years had been a mix of very good...and very bad.

A few weeks after Emily returned, the BAU had a very difficult case that ended with JJ and Will getting married. They also had their second son, Michael.

Emily left the BAU a month after Ian Doyle died to work at the London Interpol office, after Clyde Easter had offered her the job.

Alex Blake joined the BAU in Emily's absence, quickly becoming close friends with Spencer.

After 10 months of letter and payphone contact, Spencer met the love of his life Maeve, but minutes later, watched as Maeve and her stalker - Diane - were killed in a murder-suicide.

The team was under threat from an unsub who called himself 'The Replicator'. He'd replicate the M.O. of previously solved cases. The unsub turned out to be John Curtis, one of two Agents who was demoted from Supervisory Special Agent to Agent after the infamous 'Amerithrax' case in which he and Alex Blake were involved. He was angry that Strauss kept her career in tact, and Alex was able to build her career and reputation back up, but he was stuck transferring from one position to another. Unfortunately, Strauss was murdered by Curtis, devastating Rossi - as he had gotten especially close with Erin.

Alex left the BAU to become a full-time professor after Spencer was shot during a case.

Kate Callahan joined the BAU and proved to be a valuable asset to the team, but her daughter Meg and her daughter's best friend Markayla were kidnapped and sold to one of millions of serial killers. Markayla got away before she could be sold. The team managed to save Meg, but Kate left the BAU for the sake of her family and her unborn baby.

While looking for a new Agent to take over Kate's position, the team were introduced to 'Mr. Scratch' - AKA Peter Lewis. He used Scopolamine as an ingredient for a dissociative agent, which allowed him to manipulate his victims into unknowingly killing their loved ones. The team managed to find and apprehend him once he gave himself up.

While interviewing Agents for the position within the team, they got a local case and Dr. Tara Lewis ended up being very useful to find and apprehend the unsub. Tara officially joined the team.

Derek was abducted and tortured and to keep himself sane, he subconsciously figured out that his girlfriend, Savannah, was pregnant. The team managed to find and save him just in time. Months later, Derek and Savannah got married (making him the 4th BAU team member to get married - After JJ, Hotch and Y/N). Savannah was close to giving birth when she was shot by Chazz Montolo - Giuseppe Montolo's father (Guiseppe being an unsub from a previous case). After Savannah survived the surgery and their son - Hank - was born, Derek opted to leave the BAU, wanting to protect his family. Everyone was sad that he left, but glad that he was finally happy.

A case involving Antonia Slade left Hotch with an eerie warning. Unfortunately for him, that warning was true and he was falsely arrested by S.W.A.T. Hotch learned that Peter Lewis was part of his false imprisonment. He escaped during a prison break/terrorist attack that the team tried to prevent.

To find and apprehend the 13 escaped serial killers, the team enlisted the help of Luke Alvez. He managed to help them apprehend 8 of them before officially joining the team (and taking a class on profiling).

Much to the horror of Y/N and Hotch, they discovered that Jack was being stalked by Scratch. To protect the whole family, Y/N, Hotch, Jack and Avery went into Witness Protection. The Jareau/LaMontagne family volunteered to keep the Hotchner house clean while they were gone, Will and the boys doing the cleaning by themselves whenever JJ was on a case.