40. Going rogue

Y/N had never been happier. She was 6 months pregnant, meaning she was near the end of her second trimester. Morning sickness had disappeared right as she reached month 4, and around the 5th month, the weird cravings started to ramp up, leaving Y/N alone in the kitchen at 3:30 AM eating whatever weird food combinations she could come up with.

With Y/N's baby bump getting larger, Aaron and Y/N spent their time away from work searching for houses. He hadn't been in a proper house since he and Haley divorced. A few weeks after she reached month 6, Y/N and Aaron found a house that looked perfect. They had been searching since Y/N's 3rd month of pregnancy, and they had finally found a place that could be their forever home. They to see the house, and they immediately fell in love with it. It was 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and a two-car garage. It was a two story home, with all the bedrooms and 2 of the bathrooms on the second floor. The first floor had the kitchen, the living room, a small dining room and a bathroom (because who wants to walk up stairs to go to the bathroom?). The backyard was big and had a patio, perfect for dinners out in the summer air. There was even a pool that looked well-kept and clean. Jack was consulted and when he saw the house, he couldn't stop talking about it, which meant that for Aaron and Y/N, they put in an offer. 3 days later, the house was theirs. They paid the required amount of money, signed the papers and got given the key. Jack practically begged to move in straight away, and not wanting to waste any time, Y/N agreed. Within the week, the team helped Y/N, Aaron and Jack move into their new house, with a house-warming party being thrown once most of the boxes had been emptied. Y/N and Aaron's room was the biggest, being the master bedroom with an ensuite and walk-in closet. Jack's room and the baby's room were the same size, the nursery being painted a neutral color so they wouldn't have to change much once the baby grew up. The fourth room was going to be a gest bedroom, for when family or friends stayed over.

Another update in the Hotchner family was the gender of the baby. Aaron and Y/N had officially found out what their baby was going to be, and they were happy. They decided against telling the team or Jack, wanting it to be a surprise. They didn't tell Jack, knowing that once he knew, he wouldn't be able to keep it a secret - he'd want to tell everyone.

———

The first floor of the house had been furnished. Couches had been put in their places, the TV had been set up and connected and the kitchen appliances had been placed in their spots. Jack's room was done, and the nursery was half complete - as Penelope wanted to get more stuff for the newest member of the BAU family, and Derek planned to bring some other things like a rocking chair and a changing table.

Y/N had literally put the last of her clothing in her drawer when JJ called, informing her that they had a case. She got changed and grabbed her bag. Clearly Hotch had gotten the same call, as he was putting on his suit jacket. Jack was preoccupied with playing his video games.

"We've gotta go, buddy. Aunty Jess will be here soon." Y/N and Hotch kissed Jack's forehead before heading off, locking the front door behind them.

Y/N and Hotch sat down in the conference room 20 minutes later, Y/N having to adjust herself a few times due to her large baby bump.

"Great. We're all here. Two D.C. homes torched, two families, on the same night, last night." Penelope told.

"I'm surprised it still hasn't hit the news. It's already mid-day." JJ exhaled, looking up at Penelope.

"Yeah. All anyone's talking about is this storm that may or may not hit." Penelope rubbed her hands together while holding her scarf.

A storm had been predicted, so everyone wore clothes that would keep them warm in case any heaters gave out.