25. Spitting image

Y/N
You had gotten home at 5:30 PM, being one of 2 BAU members who actually got their paperwork done on time. You handed your paperwork to Aaron, who had a stack of files on his desk.

"I'll be home in 30 minutes, an hour tops." Aaron exhaled.

"It's no worry, Aaron. As long as you're home before Jack goes to bed." You placed a kiss on his forehead before leaving his office.

Now, you served up some food for you and Jack. Aaron was due home any minute now.

"Momma? When is daddy gonna be home?" Jack asked, confused.

You were about to answer, but your phone buzzed.

"Aaron, what's up? Alright. I'll call Jessica." You nodded, quickly ending the phone call.

"That was daddy. Unfortunately, we're being called away again, but I'm gonna call Aunt Jessica." You exhaled.

"I don't want you and daddy to go!" Jack whined.

"Listen, sweetheart. When daddy and I get back, we'll do whatever you want for a day. Alright?" You asked.

"Alright." Jack nodded. You made sure that Jessica and Jack were sitting down and eating dinner.

"Thank you so much, Jessica! Aaron and I owe you a spa weekend." You smiled.

"I'll hold you to that! Jack, say goodbye to momma." Jessica smiled back as Jack gave you a brief hug. Jack had gotten so used to calling you momma, that he said it in front of Jessica. She was surprised, but you clarified that whenever Jack talked about Haley, he called her 'mommy' and you were 'momma' to him. You thought Jessica might've been a bit upset, but she understood and accepted Jack's way of differing Haley from you.

You quickly left, getting to work within 20 minutes.

"Don't get comfortable. There'll be time to debrief on the jet." Aaron spoke as you and the others walked into the conference room.

"Where are we headed?" Spencer asked, curious.

"New York." Aaron exhaled.

"5 shootings in 2 weeks. It's about time we got the call." Rossi crossed his arms.

"I want to take Garcia with us. Hopefully they'll give us access to their surveillance systems." Aaron nodded.

"What do we know?" Rossi questioned as he looked down at his tablet.

"All the killings are mid-day. Single gunshot to the head with a .22." Aaron noted.

"Any witnesses?" Emily looked up.

"No, a .22-caliber pistol's is only 152 decibels. New York streets and subways are routinely well over 100. It could be people aren't even registering the gunshot until the unsub's already leaving the scene." Spencer shook his head.

"They sound like Mob hits." JJ suggested.

"Except none of them have ties to organized crime." You swiped through all the crime scene photos.

"Do they have any connection to each other?" Rossi asked.

"None they've found." Aaron shook his head, exhaling.

"How about communication with the police? Has the unsub tried to make contact?" Derek tilted his head, curious.

"Surveillance cameras have captured video of 3 of the murders. This is the latest." Garcia explained as she handed a photo of the captured video to the team.

"That's the best Image they have?" Rossi sighed.

"They're all the same." Garcia nodded.

"He wears a hood and keeps his head down." Emily noted as she inspected the photo.