Chapter 17

Chapter 17 - Missing Princess

Hiccup P.O.V

"We have to find Merida!" I shouted at the vikings in front of me. They flinched at my tone but i have the obligation to care, for now.

It was before another day in Berk until when she was supposed to be brought to justice but her cell was opened and she was already gone.

"But chief, what if she isn't in Dunbroch right now? she could be anywhere." one viking said. "I will go there to talk to their parents. Let's see if they will lend us a hand."

"But Merida is their daughter. They will never let you capture her." one viking said and others nod in agreement. By Odin's beard he is right, there is no way for a king to lend his daughter that simple. He wouldn't let his own blood in the hands of vikings.

 "Wait, I have something to say!" someone yelled behind me, his pants grown closer as he stop and stood right in front of me. "What is it Snotlout?" I asked in frustration, I am not in the mood for one of his jokes. 

"Believe me, it's important. I was thinking, what if her parents or even worse, her kingdom helped her too? What if they helped her escape? Could that mean war is upon us?" Snoutlout talked rather loudly. Other vikings nodded and started to whisper to each other. It's true, there could be war ahead of us. But we don't need war, Berk had enough war since Drago came.

"Silence!" I yell to make them stop rambling. I sigh as I put my hands on my side, confused and in need of guidance. As I was about to make a statement, the all to familiar blonde haired woman that I love strikes inside, making every heads in the room turns towards her.

"Why I am not in a part of this?" she asked, referring to the meeting. "It's nothing." I grunted and crosses my arms. "Nothing? You expect me to believe that lie?" Her eyes search through mine and eventually I stare back at hers.

I was becoming aware of the people around us watching and having their thoughts swirling around in their minds. I can't argue with her like this, especially in here.

I yanked her hand and brought her outside, away from the gathering inside. "What's going on, Hiccup?" she said, much more calmer.

"It's best for you to rest, your leg is still recoverin-"

"I don't give a damn, Hiccup!" she shouted, my body flinched by her sudden outburst. "Why do you really need to know?" I sigh, getting my hands into my hair locks in frustration.

"I am apart of Berk, I am one of the people who live in this goddamn island. I'm a viking, I have a title and now, I deserve to know what the heck is going on."

I could only look her in the eye, and hope that she would forgive me for not telling her the truth. I only wanted what's best for her. "It's dangerous and you shouldn't be part of it."

In return, she let out a dry laugh. I closed my eyes, knowing that the argument won't end well. "Does this look safe to you?" she uses her hand to gesture her recovering leg. "Does this look apart from danger to you?" she held her hand to show me the scenery of Berk, which was full of dragons strolling around the island freely.

"I live in a world of dangerous places, dangerous people. And If you're talking about something involves danger, I won't be begged twice to come and help." She defends, her argument has no wrong but it doesn't mean she needs to know desperately.

"Just stop it!" I shouted, my voice made her jump in surprise. I grab ahold both of her hands, stopping her from going further in her discussion. "I had enough of this conversation Astrid, now I need to go and finish what had started. As your chief, I won't let you be involve in any of this. Understand me, viking?"

Viking

It also affects me as a chief to dare use his powers in command towards his beloved. And to call her as something that she is supposed to be. A true viking, one does not dare to disobey the command of their chief no matter what.

She looked downcast, unable to disobey my words. I reach my hand towards her face but she tilt her head away from my hand. I put my hands down to my sides, knowing that she won't even talk to me anymore. Without hesitation, I left her in the spot and returned to the great hall.

As I entered, everyone was shouting at each other. Throwing ideas and plans, trying to make an agreement. Decisions and the fate of Berk is always in the hands of the decider, the chief.

I look back at my shoulder to see her still standing in the same spot I left her. Frozen in place, head's down in submission.

With a heavy heart, I continue the unsolved meeting inside the great hall. There goes another round of shouts and disagreement about the idea, and it's getting into my head like a hurricane.

For an hour later, it had finally decided.

"It is settled then. We will go to Dunbroch at sunrise. If they didn't allow us to capture her, I will try to reason with them. But if they still refuse, it means war. We have to be prepared." I point at the map on the table in front of me.

"For those who agree, say aye!" Everyone in the hall shouted "aye" which means everyone will be ready by sunrise, to travel across seas. I smirked and took my dagger out,  stabbing the picture of Dunbroch kingdom in the map. I'll make her pay, for all the debts you had done.

Edited - 974