Chapter 13

Chapter 13 – Choose Wisely

Astrid's P.O.V

"Astrid.." the voice calls out, his eye squints to see the sight in front of him is either real or fake.

I'm back, I am... alive?

That's impossible.

"Hiccup?" I replied, my throat burns. The only word that I can let out.

"Oh My Thor, you're alive!" He suddenly leaps towards me and giving me the tightest embrace I have ever had.

At least it's better than dying.

My eyes wander around my surroundings, it felt familiar. "Where am I?" The question that every person asked, I never thought that I would say such thing. But oh boy I was wrong.

"You're in your house. It doesn't matter, what matters now is that you're alive!" He stated, his eyes search mine but somehow I couldn't bring myself to stare into his hazel eyes. My minds still couldn't process everything fully.

"Do you remember what happened?" A feminism voice called behind Hiccup's back. Valka

"Mom, she's recovering! Let her rest for a while." He shake his head, clearly worried. It's been a while since someone actually cared and gets worried.

But his statement, it gaves me on the edge.

Remember? Of course, I do, I will never forget such accident. Which reminds me of the things I saw while I was in my sleep. Or whatever it is supposed to be.

"Don't worry, I remember everything." I earned huge relieved sighs around me, but I'm not done.

"But I might have something for you, a message" I sit up on the bed. My eyes stare at the boy besides me. I worry that he wouldn't believe me, he would have though I'm delusional and that I need to rest because my mind is not clear yet. But It wouldn't hurt to try.

"What is it?" his face scrunch in confusion, but curoisty kills the cat.

"Your father," I trailed off, debating on to tell or not.

"He wants you to live your life doing what you love." I continued.

"My father? What do you mean?" his confusion hangs in the air.

"I met him in Valhalla." I blurt out, my bluntness clearly struck him like lightning.

"You went to Valhalla?" Hiccup asks, unsure and terrified. He never seen it before, it's much more different from what people say. He doesn't believe me, his eyes says it all.

"You met Stoick and your parents didn't you?" Valka asked as well, but somehow she believed me and confident about it.

"You sound like you have been there before too." I stated the obvious.

When Hiccup is about to open his mouth, his mother cut him off "Of course dear, my mother used to tell those stories. I was just like the other, thought that my mother is mad. Nobody believes her, not even me. But I guess karma takes place and my eyes were opened." She took deep breaths, unsure if she wants to continue.

I make a brief eye contact, I want to encourage her to continue. I want to know things that I find amazing.

"I walked amongst the white walls, no sign of life. And then I saw him, standing tall and looking healthy as a horse like I've never seen before. What shocks me is by the time I realized that he wasn't supposed to be alive."

"Your grandfather." She stated, eyeing his son.

Hiccup look surprised and his jaw opened wide. Well, I's not a surprise that Hiccup never knew his mother had been to Valhalla.