Chapter 15

Chapter 15 - Snotlout

Astrid's P.O.V

Nobody had the time to confront Heather before she dissapeared. She flew away from Berk and I understand and respect her decision. I never really wanted to do anything anymore to her, I just want her to feel accepted and actually be a part of something great like live a better life in Berk.

But she's gone and I'm not stopping her.

As for now, I can walk better since Gothi took such care of me. I took all the medicines that she provides and it sure does help the healing process.

Though I have to stay near Stormfly all the time. They said she could protect me from the danger and help me walk around the island. And that's true, Stormfly really does a big help over my condition.

I mounted my dragon and flew through the sky, welcoming the cool breeze of the quite world.

But suddenly a certain someone flew past me, red dragon with his owner on top.

"Snotlout?" It came out more as a question.

"Huh?" He said, completely startled.

"Oh sorry  about that. What bring you here, Snotlout?" As I flew right beside him.

"I was looking for Hiccup, he's no where to be seen." he said in a hurry. I raised my eyebrows at his attempt to lie.

"He must have flying over the edge by now. Don't worry he'll be back." I said, playing along.

Something's not right.

"Oh okay, sure. Thanks." Snotlout replied, his eyes didn't dare to make contact and left just like that.

He lied, Snotlout is not the type to lie and gets away with it. Hiccup is actually in the blacksmith with Gobber, being the smart one he should have seen him before he wander around with his dragon, Fang searching for nothing in particular.

I quickly dive in towards him and dismount my dragon to catch up with him. That oaf, he walks so fast for such short legs. Stormfly roared which made Snotlout turn his head facing me. "Snotlout, what happened?"

"What are you talking about? Nothing happened." He mutters, still won't make an eye contact with me.

"Something is definetly not right. You can tell me you know that, right?" not believing his lies.

"I just told you, nothing happened!" he shouts frustated and turn his back on me. I did not like that gesture at all.

I groan, grown frustated as well. I tried to catch up on his speed but my legs are killing me. The perks of falling hundred meters from above.

"Quit following me, you're going to hurt yourself." I took that as my cue to continue moving forward.

As he notice that I kept following, he stopped and sigh. "Mind your own business Astrid, I'm just not in the mood to talk about it."

"Is it so wrong for me to show my concern over my friend?" It stops him from walking further away, his back is still facing me. "It's a long story." He starts.

"I got all the time in the world." I replied confidently.

"I had a fight with my dad. He said that Ruffnut isn't the right girl for me. He didn't approve it." He slowly turns to face me.

"He said that I should date you instead. But I never see you as my lover, though I used to have this huge crush on you." His ears tinted pink, and I couldn't help but narrow my eyes. "I promise I don't like you anymore. I see you as a friend, and nothing else. But he will never accept that concept." I let out a small chuckle.