Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Days without Hiccup

Astrid P.O.V

It's been lonely here at Berk since Hiccup leaves Berk for the whole 3 years. He should be back in 1 more year later. I just feel so lonely without him, not going to lie. Everyone misses him. I miss him, Valka miss him, even the gang misses him.

He didn't even send messages anymore. I sent him terrible terrors to deliver a message but, I don't think he reads it. Is it to busy there? To busy to even had the time to read or even write back messages? I guess just like he says, 'it's a chief thing'.

   How dare you, fish bone !

I had to admit. I think I miss you Hiccup, what have you been doing in Dun Broch?

1 year later

I sigh and picked my axe as it lays on the ground. I saw Stormfly, my deadly nadder inside her stable. I whistled and she immediately wakes up. "Morning girl, you hungry?" she nods her head and I toss her chicken legs. Unlike other vikings, I teach my dragon to understand our language. It's useful and not a waste of time, honestly.

She comes to me and let me pat her head gently. "Good girl, how about flying? We could bring Toothless along too, since his rider is away." And with that, Stormfly jumped into happiness. She somehow turns excited every time I mention Toothless.

I call Toothless and in a light speed, he's right there standing in front of me. "Wow boy, that's pretty fast!" he smiles and communicate with Stormfly for a minute. I do not know what they're talking about, but I guess they had a thing with each other.

No idea what took them so long though. When they're done, I set Toothless tail to automatic so that he can fly on his own. I immediately mounted Stormfly and both of us fly toward the clouds. Terrible terrors are singing on the rooftop and Berk's condition is normal. I could see Valka as in Hiccup's mother stood in front of Stoick's statue with Cloudjumper on her side. I know that both Hiccup and Valka really missed their father.

I snapped out of my mind "Stromfly, Toothless! Let's go to the great hall." Toothless gave me his annoyed look. I know that he stills want to fly. "No Toothles, we must go. I haven't had breakfast, or else you want me to starve all day flying with you." He stares at me then to Stormfly and he immediately speed flying to the great hall. His eyebrows straight up and giving me his challenging looks. He wants to race with me. I smiled in return "Bring it on! Stromfly, let's win this thing!" We dived together. We're tail to tail with Toothless. Toothless smiled and launch a so called plasma blast in front of him. When it clears out, he dissapears. Probaly hiding, as usual. I just continue flying with Stormfly. I look back, no sign of Toothless.

Yes, we finally beat him! We arrived at the great hall. I turn around and still no Toothless. "Stormfly! we finally won! I knew we could do it." I jumped out from Stormfly and goes in the great hall. My eyes widened when I saw this. Toothless is there.. How did he get there? "Toothless! You won again? Seriously ?" Well, the perks of being a night fury. Fast as a lightning they say, and it's true. All of them, all of the myth about Night Fury are true. But I suppose the deadly part was slightly wrong, does Toothless look deadly to you?

"Toothless beat you again huh? Wow Astrid, you became slow." Snoutlout cheers from our usual table. I punched him in the shoulder like everybody else "same old Astrid.." he whimpers in pain, his right arm rubbing the sore spot.

"It's a night fury! what do you expect?" Fishleg replied and let a snort toward Snoutlout. "I bet he couldn't beat me and Hookfang!" Hookfang growls as he stomp his leg right on Snoutlout face, making Snoutlout fall face flat on the floor. "See, Hoookfang doesn't even agree with you! Toothless can't be beaten by anyone!" I cheers and everybody just groans. While Toothless... well he just grin. "Hookfang get your filthy paws out of my handsomely face!" Snout lout protest childishly, wipes his clothes and stood up. "You're face is ugly obviously." Tuffnut adds. "Your face is uglier. eww." she fake disgusted toward her own twin brother.

"Guys stop it." I stood up to both between the twins. They mumbled and started to mount their dragons. Well, everybody mounted their dragons. "Astrid, aren't you excited that Hiccup is coming home tomorrow?" Fishleg blurted out.

Soon everyone has their jaws widened so as their eyes. "What? Am I the only one that care about Hiccup arrivals?" he crossed his arm and mount Meatlug. "I though it's next week." I asked confused and both surprised. "Nope, Gobber and Valka told me that they'll be coming home tomorrow." Fishleg informed, to make sure. "Okay then, It's going to be an awkward meeting with Hiccup. He will be grown up and all." Ruff nut adds.

"Well, Astrid.. I got to say, Hiccup could be different from the young Hiccup we all used to know." Fishlegs added. "Impossible! Hiccup will be Hiccup. He's a Haddock after all and born to be a chief!" I defend, letting out a humourless chuckle and everyone stares at me blankly. "Wait, you're serious?" I gave them a serious look. "Don't worry Astrid, if he forgets you, remember that I still remember you, yours truly." Snout lout bows royally at me and I just pushed him to Hookfang. "I'm rejected.." He said and gave me a fake disappointing gaze. I just simply ignore him be, he never learns. "You know buddy, Hiccup will be back tomorrow. I'm sure you're happy to meet him again, don't you?" I turn to Toothless and he just waved his tail back and forth indicating that he's happy with the news. I smiled at him, patting his head. Then I immediately call Stormfly to come and pick me up.

- - -

We as in me, Toothless and Stormfly, goes to my house to change. I changed into my usual clothes and my fur hoodie. But Stormily suddenly falls to the floor in a loud thud. She was fine earlier! "Stormfly! What happened?" I shriek in panic. "Toothless, call Valka right now! hurry!" I pointed my index finger to her house and Toothles immediately fled there.

Minutes later, Valka came rushing in. "What happened?" she asked worriedly. "it's Stormfly.." I answered. She walks toward Stromfly and checked her up. "Don't worry Astrid, she's fine. She's just tired and all." Both of us sighed in relief, knowing that my dragon is alright.

"Why don't you walk with Toothless instead and let Stormfly rest a little bit." I nod and thanked her before leaving with Toothless by my side.  Well me and Stormfly did took a quite long journey, why didn't I notice how tired she is. I feel horrible as a dragon owner. At least she will be better soon. We finally decide to go to the forest and planning to go the cove where Hiccup and Toothless first met.

I hope Hiccup is safe, I'll be waiting for him... But I will promise him I will not welcome him with warm embrace. It'll be a fist to meet first.

Edited - 1250 Words