Chapter 19

Chapter 19 - Arguments went wrong

Astrid P.O.V

I was shocked to hear what king Fergus had said.

We can imprison her? That's a rather odd answer. The silence breaks out through the whole room.

Of course me being the one in disguise can know this sudden news.

"But, we do not know where she is right now." the queen said giving Hiccup a worry look. "You mean, she's not here?" Hiccup asked, he was about to launch at the royals but with my reflexes I was able to stop the struggling Hiccup back on his feet.

Hiccup should control himself on a situation like this.

Darn! Where could she be? Well, she could be anywhere for odin's sake.

"No." they both answer and Hiccup nods. He soon relaxes and I release ny grip on him. I guess we can't capture Merida for now.

After all the chit chats, we flew back to berk.  So much for empty handed.

I didn't ride the way back home with Stormfly, but I fly with one of the guard that I entrusted to keep my secret.

If Hiccup let Merida go, I'm sure am will be dissapointed at him. I'm seeking revenge, which is actually not a good idea.

When we got to Berk, all guards dismount their dragon including me. "Thanks." I said to the guard I fly with. He nods and took his dragon with him to his house.

"Found anything?" I heard Fishleg ask Hiccup. I turn my head to see the whole gang had already crowded him. "Well the king accept our permission to imprison her daughter." That answer earned some slight gasp from the group.

"But as far as we know, she's not in DunBroch." He shook his head, feeling the pressure kicking in.

"I should tell Astrid about the news. The rest of you, keep an eye out for the loose princess." he said taking off his helmet.

"What did you do to Astrid?" Fishleg asked.

What did he do to me, what?

"huh?" hiccup reply confused, feeling the worry settling in.

"Why is she becoming soft astrid? I miss the tough astrid." he joked and hiccup join in his laugh. What a way to change topic.

I guess my own self didn't realize that. I felt like I was blinded by my own love for Hiccup that I didn't realise I was neglecting the others. And for the fact that I never really uses my tough act for so long on the group or to any of the vikings on Berk.

But thanks for  Fishleg's distraction, I can go back without Hiccup knowing.

"Though I haven't seen Astrid at all today. Is she with you?" Ruffnut asked, that brings me frozen in place. My cover can't be blown right now!

"That's odd, she's always up in the breakest of dawn." Snotlout joins in the conversation.

Why do you have to point out that fact, Snotlout?

"I'll check her up when I'm done." Hiccup dismissed their worried thoughts, but soon enough he saw me at a close range.

No, don't come near me.

"Wait!" Hiccup voice rang behind me. He caught up to me and put his hand on my shoulder. "Thank you."

"For what?" I found myself talking back to him, I tried to disguise my voice deeper. I guess it worked, as long as he can't see my face from the heavy helmet.