Chapter 20

Chapter 20 - Duel

Warning ahead, chapter contains triggering content that may not suitable to your liking.

You have been warned.

Astrid's POV

I woke up, feeling my head throbbed. Did I drank an ale or something? I flutter my eyes open only to see the last person I would love to meet.

"Wakey wakey, Astrid. How's your day?"
I grunt and tried to get up only to be held down making me fall right back to the ground.

"What do you want, Merida?" I spoke with venom surging through my veins. Believe me, I never wanted to see her face as the first thing I see as I open my eyes.

"Lass, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be here dragging your worthless body across the woods." She spits, starting to get her heat up.

She dragged me all the way here? Into an unfamiliar area of the forest?

The only thing missing is..

Hiccup.

"Where is he?" I asked, out of the blue. "Yer got to be more specific there, darlin'." She answered, clearly trying to coy with my temper.

"You know exactly whom I meant!"

"Left him, he have no use to me." She shrugs, unaware that I am clenching my fist.

"But if you're out of the picture, then maybe he could become something more." She seductively lick her lips as she imagine Hiccup, my Hiccup. Without hesitation I lunge at her with a battle cry, making her stumble backwards and releasing me. With this newfound adrenaline pumping, I punch her in the face.

CRACK!

She covers her face and screams in pain. I took the opportunity to find a weapon that I could use to end her. I guess it's a stupid idea cause she was already ahead of me and stabbed my leg with her arrow.

I shouted in pain and try to engulf the anger to produce more energy in me. The arrow is stucked in my leg, If I pull it off I would die of blood loss.

Without both leg support, I use my healthy one to kick her in the abdomen. She falls but quick to recover, and she's gaining on me.

As she was just a few steps ahead, I dodge her lunge and she proceed to fall into other direction.

I got up as quickly as possible and start my move on her. I started out with couple of hits on the face, I kick her abdomen again until she falls down on her knees. With this chance, I pull her wild hair. She begs for me to stop but I already take the chance to stab her on the shoulder with a thick yet sharp fallen branch nearby.

With her lack of intelligence, she pulled the branch that was sticking out on her shoulder. Blood started to fall, she staggers.

Her eyes glance to my injured leg, and she quickly reaches for it. She grab the arrow and proceed to stab it deeper.

I call out for her to stop in agony, what she did is muster up a threatening smile.

No mercy this time

I throw her to a nearby tree with all the strength I have left. I saw her cough blood, starting to lose her balance as well.

Seeing me observing, she spits her blood to me. With a hiss, I punch her throat making her croak.

Merida stared at me, the weakness is avail in her eyes. Now that her strength is gone and her chance to kill me failed, she decided to stop

"Let's get things straight," I reach for her neck, squeezing it with my bare hands. "You lose." I smirked, having the great triumph.

"Repeat." I snarled.

She stayed silence, I squeezed harder to get the words out of her mouth.

"I..I..los..lose.." she said between breaths. I release her as she stumble down, gasping for air.

"Wait, you didn't think you would leave this place without consequences, did you?" She stares at me in horror.

With a sickening smile that I could planted on my face, I slam her head to the tree behind her, she falls down to the ground, unconsious.

Now it's my turn to drag her. I'm bringing her back to Berk, where she will pay for what she had done.

I sincerely apologize for the violance inside this chapter

728 - Edited