Chapter 22

chapter 22 - the reason

Hiccup's POV

"Why? why are you doing this to her?" I ask a little calm on my voice. she is really getting on my nerves.

"hmm, no reason." She's in a jail, she doesn't complain but she just plain talk like that. How dare she...

"I ask you one more time, WHY?!!?" I yelled banging the cell infront of her. She flinch and backed away. Finally scared huh?

She stay silent and look down for a moment. What is she thinking?

"Release me, then I can tell you." for Odin's sake! is she stupid? I am not going to fall for that. Of course she wants to run away. I'm not letting her do that, no matter what.

"No"

"Then I won't tell you. yer Astrid is useless anyway. She cannot even fight." Merida spits m'lady name with venom and hatred in her eyes. Thor, I will never hear the end of this.

"Says the girl who unconscious after fighting with her." after i say that she stayed silent. Maybe forget that she came here unconscious?

"You're wasting my time here. I have work to do." I turn around walking away from the cell.

"You're not a chief. Yer don't deserve to be a chief. All you do was riding on your pet and not helping others nor staying in berk." That sentence stops me.

Maybe she's right, I am no match to be a chief. I don't deserve it. Only my dad deserve it. But he isn't here, how can I know to lead Berk. At least i have my friends and Astrid. Plus Toothless is always there beside me. But what if that's not enough? what if vikings secretly hate me? Well except my mother of course. But still, do they hate me?

"Hard thoughts, pretty boy? I knew you were no ment to be a chief. Everybody would die getting rid of you." Maybe she's right, enemy sometimes can tell the truth.
No wait, stop thinking about this. She's trying to get into your mind!

"You shut up!" I shout and immediately pain strikes in my right arm. When I look at it, it is bleeding. What did I just do? Oh, I just punch her. That is definitely not me at all.

It's her blood
great now I have to clean my arm

"You monster Hiccup! All I ever wanted is to get rid of Astrid so I could be with you! Running Berk together and nothing can't stop us! I want us to be together. Become the female chief in Berk! But since you are to inlove with that bitch, I have a better idea. Worse, but it's worth it! Yer didn't even know what she did to me. She is the worst person I ever met! I know her, Hiccup. Before you're in love with her, I know her! I saw her. She even mocks me!Infront of her viking friends. Infront of eveybody. Didn't you know? Of course you didn't know because you're not famous or even known in public before. Your father doesn't allowed you to humilate yourself in public. Thats why you stayed indoor more often. What about me? she started it so I'm gonna end it! You didn't even know that I love you. You're too busy with her, and got no time for me. We were friends before! I hate to say this, But I love you" Everything just poured out. I instantly paled and grew guilty. She realized and covered her mouth in shock. "I can't believe I poured it all out." she gasp looking at me, searching for my expression.
What did I do? I walk away. How stupid.

I left the cells and cams face to face with Snoutlout. "Hey cousin, why so pale?" he asked looking at my very sick skin. Actually, I'm sick of this drama. I just need some time alone. "Err, I should probably be going." snoutlout said, buying my expression and left me, running.

I messed up. Or maybe Merida messed up. Or just maybe, Astrid messed up. This is so confusing.

--------
Astrid's POV

I woke up normal. Well my headache's gone. That's a good sign. I sit up on my bed immediately be greeted by a sloppu, slimy tounge of Toothless. "For Odin sake, I just woke up and you greet me with your licks?" I pushed away Toothless chuckling. Toothless just smiles giving me the view of his retractable teeth. It's so unique.

"Dear, are you awake?" suddenly somebody spoke making me startled in place. "Um, I'm okay." I replied sighing that it was just Hiccup's mother, Valka.

"My son didn't say anything that you'll be planning on sleeping here?" Valka asked and looked at me for a couple of sec. Then I realized that I'm not on my bed and this is definitely not my room. And there's Toothless, which means this is definitely Hiccup's house. Great Thor, why can't he just leave me in my house. Now I have to explain to his mother. Damn...

"Err you see Valka, he-" before i continues she cut it. "Haha no need to be nervous, dear. You are welcome here anytime! It'll be so lonely if i don't have any friends here. And it'll be boring as I woke up meeting Hiccup's face all day." she chuckled earning me laughing. Why did I laugh? That is so embarrassing.

"I should get going. Bye Astrid." she kisses my forehead and left the house. I wish I have a mother like her, I would be so happy. 'Okay Astrid, take a deep breath and forget about it. You're happy, You're happy, You are always happy' I thought to myself.

Wait, I need to see Hiccup. When he is around, I will never get bored of him.

I walk towards the door making sure i close it when I go outside. Then there's where i see it. Hiccup walking alone looking... pale? What happen to him?

I immediately ran up to him and punch his shoulder as usual. "You okay?" I asked jokingly but he doesn't seem to answer.
Maybe he's tired. "Go to bed Hiccup, You look tired and pale." After I say that he grabs my wrist and whisper "I need space, Leave me alone." then he pushed me away to the opposite direction he's going.

Okay, what just happen? Is he, bored with me? "You're different. Did Merida do something to you? Next time I'll make sure to hit harde-" he hold his hand out to me signalling to stop. I'm confused, what the heck is he doing.

"Just stop it Astrid." he says that with full of power. Some says it can be like that because he has a chief blood running inaide his body. Maybe it's right, cause my body seems to follow as he order.

The question is, what the odin is wrong with him?